Shinobi World War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An AU Naruto RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Settle [Voltaire vs Horus]
Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeby Horus Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:55 pm

» LR Being Reborn!
Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:44 pm

» Ninja Way: Shinobi of Lore Advertisement
Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeby Gambaldi Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 pm

» Shinobi Fables Untold
Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:16 am

» NDRP - AU Fairy Tail
Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeby # 50 Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:59 pm

» Everyone Read This!
Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeby Horus Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:23 am

» It haassss begun.
Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeby Kouzai Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:23 am

» Inactivity explained
Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeby First Mizukage Rei-Sama Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:42 pm

» Returning for good!
Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeby Cookie Monster Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:13 am

Top posters
Webmaster
Valley of Penance I_vote_lcapValley of Penance I_voting_barValley of Penance I_vote_rcap 
Will
Valley of Penance I_vote_lcapValley of Penance I_voting_barValley of Penance I_vote_rcap 
Horus
Ryan
darny
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Makoto
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Hitomi Shiruku
V
Top posting users this week
No user

Valley of Penance

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Name:
Valley of Penance(Kugyō no tani)
S
Type:
Genjutsu
Element:
N/A
Range:
Touch
Handseals:
Tiger
Speed:
Instantaneous
Description:
This technique is the signature Genjutsu for Tetra:
The user can freely alter the opponent's mind to a degree. With this, the user can remove any wants and wishes of violence the user decides as well as imbued the affected with memories of the user's aide where they might have otherwise been saved by different individuals. This is done by allowing the user to delve through and witness all the history of the affected indavidual(s), ensuring that any volatile natures could easily be ceased by asking the affected to stop as they feel the user is a close friend that would never harm them. If there is no personality currently inside of the living body, one can be created to the user's specifications while keeping the current knowledge intact.

Last edited by Tetrasexualbananarehab on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:33 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Administrator
Administrator
Webmaster

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 11:36 am

This still needs a lot of work. It seems like a basic guideline, the skeleton of the jutsu as it is. I need the full body. First, how does words measure their strength, I still need some way for you two to measure your strength, your speed, your handseal speed. Without those what's to stop one from going "oh look 300 meters cleared in 0.00000000000001 seconds" "Oh 10 square meters of pure titanium? Lemme use my pink to send that flying 10 million miles into space". How does one get these super and deadly multipliers? How will you measure a jutsu's power and speed seeing as those things are null in there? This jutsu still seems to be able to mold someone into anything you want, change their very nature, make em your slaves, take control of them essentially, which is too godmoddish for me
Back to top Go down
https://shinobiworldwar.rpg-board.net
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 11:45 am

I explained it in more detail.
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Administrator
Administrator
Webmaster

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 11:50 am

Ok so the first part is settled. Now on to the altering, I still see it as being able to change the person anyway you want, make someone go from "wanna save everyone and protect them" to "wanna destroy the world, wanna kill every living thing I lay my eyes on".
Back to top Go down
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 11:58 am

Hm, well the point of the jutsu is to disable missing ninja for questioning and execution if need be. So lets change it to work like this:

--This is where the altering comes into play. The user can now freely alter the opponent's mind to a degree. With this, the user can remove any wants and wishes of violence the user decides as well as imbued the affected with memories of the user's aide where they might have otherwise been saved by different individuals. This would ensure that any volatile natures could easily be ceased by asking the affected to stop as they feel the user is a close friend that would never harm them.
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Administrator
Administrator
Webmaster

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 12:27 pm

Much better~
Back to top Go down
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 12:43 pm

Edited to fit the new criteria.
Back to top Go down
Ryan

Ryan

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 1:58 pm

So what exactly determines if the person loses 1 hp or 2?
Back to top Go down
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 1:58 pm

The modifier words like Super and Deadly. If neither modifier is used it's 1 point, if the modifier is used it's 2 for Super and deadly is 3.
Back to top Go down
Ryan

Ryan

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 2:00 pm

I understand that but what gives an attack the modifier? Do you literally use the word super and deadly or does that apply after the attack is made?
Back to top Go down
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 2:04 pm

It's akin to Loveless, you have to use the words Super or Deadly. In the actual system there are tons of modification words so I've shrunk it down to just 2 for use in this system.

for example: Deadly fire reigns across the field.

If that hit's it counts as 3

a Super wind to cross rise the curtain of dusty darkness

That counts as a 2.

I'm sorry if I'm not explaining it correctly. I'm attempting to and it's all faceted in my head nice and fin but relaying ideas isn't something I'm the greatest at.
Back to top Go down
Ryan

Ryan

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 2:06 pm

in that case why not just say deadly on each attack?
Back to top Go down
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 2:08 pm

If you really want to you can. But the whole point is that the attack has to hit in the first place. Sometimes a simple 1 base attack is easier to hit since there's not enough words to play with.

It all boils down to the use of words as weapons. Someone who can see an opening can take said opening. Using simpler spells does less damage yes, but it leaves smaller chances for counter attacks.
Back to top Go down
Ryan

Ryan

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 2:10 pm

okay so here's where rp fundamentals come in though. If I simple say "wall of fire" I'm prone to vague manipulation. While this can be describe in narration rather than dialogue, would one still need to specify things like this while within this genjutsu reality?
Back to top Go down
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 2:14 pm

Yes. Because the whole basis of the fight is centered around the use of words to form attacks and counter attacks as well as defenses. So, if you used wall of Fire to protect yourself, I'd reply with A ball of water to wreck the wall of flames. It can be slightly vague yes, but there's no real movement or anything. What most people will probably find difficult is that there is no 3d movement. There's only words to be used as weapons.
Back to top Go down
Ryan

Ryan

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 3:25 pm

But in narrations as your character witnesses what happens wouldn't they need to describe how large the mass of water is or they could easily be vague manipulated into saying that the ball of water was only like half a liter
Back to top Go down
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 3:35 pm

hm, I see your point but the question is, why would you be that vague since you know it can be turned against you.

Hm, I'm not sure how to levee that other than just put in that specifics are recommended. I mean I can't control how other people RP. If you have a suggestion though I'm more than willing to to work with you to try and make it work better.

Edit:

I just realized that this doesn't matter condensed down into the formation of what I had planned. Here's the rules I guess that define the battle.

1) Spells and Counter spells need no quantity for basic actions as all attacks and defenses are assumed static.

2) blocks will only block the amount of power they hold, any extra is counted as block break and deals direct damage to the final score.

3) The only time quantity comes into effect is during numbers, such as thousand needs of death or something akin to that. however, and Adaquate defense such as a wall can stop these needles.
Back to top Go down
Ryan

Ryan

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 3:29 pm

This seems really really complicated like it has a lot of hidden rules...
Back to top Go down
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 3:50 pm

If it's easier I can remove the combat system and make this a single stage.

There's no hidden rules as far as I'm aware. Like I said it's suppose to be a more basic form of mental combat. Ideas striking one another and the one with the more powerful idea wins. You can't get much more simpler then that o-o
Back to top Go down
Ryan

Ryan

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 9:34 pm

What's stopping me from saying supernova every time. Or ruptured dwarf planet. It just kinda breaks down the bounds of rp. I like the concept a lot but there needs some way to like... Balance it to make it actually competitive in use. Completely altering someone's mind is a huge stake for a trivial game
Back to top Go down
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 9:38 pm

You've got a good point. I'll revisit the battle idea at a later date. For now I'd like to put this at least in my list and perhaps I'll expand to another jutsu which does something else with said game. For now though, It's far from being usable.

Edited to new specifications.
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Administrator
Administrator
Webmaster

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 1:05 am

Approve
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Administrator
Administrator
Webmaster

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 6:14 am

Just making it clear that since this is a GENJUTSU, it can be broken by pain, kai, and other genjutsu breaking methods out there, thus resulting in the effects being reverted back to normal meaning the person's personality will be back to normal~
Back to top Go down
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 3:34 pm

Edited slightly to be more accurate and explain what I originally intended.

(This is done by allowing the user to delve through and witness all the history of the affected indavidual(s))
Back to top Go down
Horus
Kazekage
Kazekage
Horus

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 4:26 pm

Le Sigh

Approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Valley of Penance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valley of Penance   Valley of Penance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valley of Penance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shinobi World War :: Characters and Creations :: Creations :: Jutsu Applications :: Unapproved Jutsu-
Jump to: