Shinobi World War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An AU Naruto RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Settle [Voltaire vs Horus]
Family night In[priv] Icon_minitimeby Horus Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:55 pm

» LR Being Reborn!
Family night In[priv] Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:44 pm

» Ninja Way: Shinobi of Lore Advertisement
Family night In[priv] Icon_minitimeby Gambaldi Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 pm

» Shinobi Fables Untold
Family night In[priv] Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:16 am

» NDRP - AU Fairy Tail
Family night In[priv] Icon_minitimeby # 50 Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:59 pm

» Everyone Read This!
Family night In[priv] Icon_minitimeby Horus Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:23 am

» It haassss begun.
Family night In[priv] Icon_minitimeby Kouzai Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:23 am

» Inactivity explained
Family night In[priv] Icon_minitimeby First Mizukage Rei-Sama Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:42 pm

» Returning for good!
Family night In[priv] Icon_minitimeby Cookie Monster Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:13 am

Top posters
Webmaster
Family night In[priv] I_vote_lcapFamily night In[priv] I_voting_barFamily night In[priv] I_vote_rcap 
Will
Family night In[priv] I_vote_lcapFamily night In[priv] I_voting_barFamily night In[priv] I_vote_rcap 
Horus
Ryan
darny
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Makoto
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Hitomi Shiruku
V
Top posting users this week
No user

Family night In[priv]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dray
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin
Dray

Family night In[priv] Empty
PostSubject: Family night In[priv]   Family night In[priv] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 7:03 am

The rains of the hidden mist village had been falling all morning and they had refused to stop. Dray had no missions and he had been holed up in his room all day studying about the other ninja arts that shinobis possessed. He only came out when he needed to eat and his parents did not require his assistance for anything really important so he had enough time to study. He was not getting bored at all but he hit a wall in his course of reading about the illusionary aspect of shinobi arts which was genjutsu and he decided to see if his father happened to know a thing or two about it since he was a retired shinobi but they hardly talked about his shinobi life. He walked out of his room with a jotting note in hand and a pen as he walked to the living room. It was night time and the rain that was still falling made every where look pretty dark so they put on a lantern and enjoyed the breeze of the night. They had electricity but that also generated more heat than the lantern did. Dray sat on a couch next to his father and his mother was also present. “So Dray, do you want something, you seem pretty busy today..” his father would ask. He was of course in a good mood and he would reply warmly. “of course dad. I was reading up some things and I did not get the concept of the illusionary arts so I decided to see if you knew anything about it..” he responded. “Ah.. genjutsu you say. I have a little experience in that field but still it would be enough to satisfy you.” He said as he proceeded. “Genjutsu is a basic utilization of Yin or spiritual energy. I’m sure you are knowledgeable of the composition of normal chakra. Chakra is composed of an equal amount Yin and Yang, or spiritual and physical energy. When you mold chakra you balance theses energies, once you have balanced the two, you can use chakra. When using genjutsu, your chakra composition will have more Yin than Yang, the excess of spiritual energy allows one to extend their chakra outside of their body to the opponent’s brain, then manipulate the chakra flow in the brain, effectively disrupting their senses; once you’ve mastered molding a greater amount of spiritual energy you will find the releasing of chakra to inflict genjutsu is identical to how you would release your normal chakra, requiring hand seals and such. The difficult part is the unbelievable chakra control necessary; I will discuss that in more detail later. Allow me to clear one thing up, you are not using just Yin, you’re still using chakra, but your chakra when initiating a genjutsu has more Yin than Yang in its mixture. Now, the effect of a genjutsu varies greatly and there are many variables that play a factor. How much chakra you expel, what part of the brain is targeted, and so on; but mostly, genjutsu is limited only by your imagination. This is the premise behind the most basic of illusory techniques; you extend your chakra to your opponent’s brain and bam, they’re putty in your hands. However, more…sophisticated genjutsu require triggers. A trigger is something that facilitates the manipulation of the opponent’s chakra flow, in their brain that is. If you affect a person’s vision, by having them look at a target, usually your eyes, it makes it easier to infiltrate the chakra network and enables greater control when manipulating the opposing chakra, most genjutsu require a trigger. In some cases, the only way to successively invade another’s chakra is through a trigger. Triggers include affecting hearing, touch, smell, or even taste; there have indeed been genjutsu that have taken advantage of taste; I’ve seen someone eat a pill, and in that pill was a genjutsu. I digress; now that you know the mechanism to ensnare an opponent with genjutsu I’ll give you the basic uses of genjutsu.
This type of specialty, as you now know is not like Ninjutsu or Taijutsu; genjutsu does not under any circumstance physically harm the target, but makes them believe they are being physically harmed, causing mental pain by way of trauma. A genjutsu is used to disrupt the 5 basic senses, which are sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch. This control over the chakra flow in the brain allows the genjutsu user to create false images, making the opponent think you are somewhere you’re not allowing you to attack undetected. It can also be used to create false sounds, startling the opponent, giving them the impression there is another enemy in the vicinity. genjutsu is also used to manipulate the sense of space and time. There is also a special subset of genjutsu called Binding genjutsu, this type of genjutsu prohibits the target from moving, effectively immobilizing them, needless to say making them more vulnerable. Now, genjutsu has to be used with tact, my teacher a long time ago told me ‘if you use more than one genjutsu in combat, you’re doing something wrong.’ Initially I didn’t understand, I love genjutsu and I love to use it, but what my teacher was trying to convey to me was, genjutsu in itself is a very delicate and to some a mysterious tool. Just wielding genjutsu makes you a dangerous enemy, but only because of its inherent baffling nature. The delicacy of the skill is tarnished if it is overused because it essentially loses what makes it so dangerous. A genjutsu user must plan out thoroughly when and how they want to use their genjutsu so that when the trap is set, you are ready to pounce and take full advantage. With all that being said, you will find just having genjutsu in your repertoire will make you a feared opponent, due to the foe not knowing what to expect; they must always be ready for a trap, and a master in this art is deadlier than the sharpest blade.
I would like to expound on the chakra control aspect of genjutsu, because it is truly the most important part of successfully wielding genjutsu. Near flawless chakra control is necessary for every step of using genjutsu. First, when molding an excess of Yin your new chakra composition is wild and wispy, this is why the chakra extended to enact genjutsu is usually not visible. There are some people whose genjutsu prowess is so strong to the point where they can’t control it. There is a clan where a genjutsu user will come around occasionally who is so dangerous they can’t control their illusions, and anyone at anytime who is near the person is at risk of being hurt by the untamed Yin-heavy chakra. Once the chakra is released, you must manage how much chakra. I said earlier that releasing the chakra is easy, but controlling the chakra released… not so much. The stronger the illusion the more chakra needed to afflict the intended apparition or manifestation; the more chakra used the harder it becomes to control the Yin-heavy chakra. For example, if you are attempting a basic illusion, the Yin Yang ratio will not be that much different from your usual Yin Yang ratio, allowing you to control the chakra rather easily, since the composition is not that much different than your normal composition. However, the stronger the illusion the greater the ratio or the difference between your chakra’s Yin Yang mixture, making it extremely difficult to manage properly, as a result much training and concentration is required to reach advanced levels of illusion. If sufficient training has not been done, advanced illusion will not work.
Next, when you’ve managed to extend your chakra to the opponent, you have the necessary chakra but now you must aim and continue to exercise precise chakra control. Once you extend your chakra to the opponent’s brain, you use the control to manipulate the chakra flow in the central nervous system; this will disrupt the senses; at this point you determine the effect of the illusion. Manipulating the chakra flow in the brain is actually a lot easier than most assume. You think of the hyperactivity of the brain, and you think that’s going to be extremely difficult to control. However, once your chakra is aimed properly and you’ve succeeded in extending your chakra to the opponent, the manipulation is quite natural and is very similar to controlling your own chakra flow.
Naturally, illusionary arts requires a sufficient knowledge of the chakra network and nervous system. You seem like an intelligent guy, so if you are not already well versed in the physiology of the body, I’m sure you can pick that knowledge up quickly enough independently. Heck, you can see any medic and they’ll give you a crash course on what part of the brain affects what, and how disturbances in one’s chakra flow affects the person. In summary, it takes impeccable concentration and chakra control to execute illusions. It takes tact to successfully employ illusions in combat. Lastly, a substantial knowledge of the nervous system and the body in general is required in order to use Genjutsu at its full potential.
Now let me tell you a story that would back it up so that you might understand it better than this raw fact that i have given to you. In my days of being a shinobi, It was nearing the time limit, the amount of time i had set for seeking out a person that could teach me the art of Genjutsu before i would make my inevitable trip back to the main village. Sure, ii could extend it by a day or two, but there were other things i needed to take care of, and dealing with my original purpose took priority at the moment. The others could be held off for a short period of time. If it hadn't been for my reasoning to learn genjutsu, something i could incorporate in to my fighting style, i surely have wouldn't have come this far to the smaller islands. I could have easily found a teacher for another specialization, closer to home and less tedious to travel, though it would have never let me explore the other islands the better.
Maybe this new character that i was told about would be able to help mme out? Word had reached my ear then, though it had taken quiet some time, about this Neo Tambro character who had agreed to teach me the art, without any real need to convince him. The designated location that we had agreed upon that would be suitable to our needs, though with Me mainly needing to know more about the art of implementing it, in minor applications for the moment, any location could fit my needs. He supposed if we wanted to get a bit more extravagant, they'd be able to deal with it. Mychi, whom I had decided to take with me, was waddling a little ways behind me, though his steps were purposely slowed as Iwas in no rush to get the to location, since i would be there on time. With both of my gloved on my person, along with being dressed in my usual clothing, I wasn't sure whatii would need.

As i approached the designated location, i noticed a figure standing in the distance, the noticeable purple hair would probably be a dead giveaway to me for who the man was. While i hadn't met him previously, i was informed of his distinct feature, allowing me to be able to recognize the individual i had never met before. Once i was closer to the opposing shinobi, i heard him speak, greeting me."Hello, I was told you have an interest in learning Genjutsu. My name is Neo Tambro, and I hope I can make this lesson as painless as possible." One thing was for sure, he seemed willing to teach me. i let the painless comment slide, though let it linger in my mind momentarily. Though, there was aspects that made him weary as well, knowing that not everyone could possibly be as nice as they seemed. Deception was a key aspect of being a shinobi, and that of those specializing in genjutsu, making me more cautious of this individual. While i would remain aware, i wasn't worried about anything. An attack on my person surely wouldn't do good for us both. Calmly, i would introduce himself, formality reasons and all."It's nice to... meet you Haruna. I'm Shingoku Kal." I didnt know if my name might draw much attention to myself, but i had known that this fella was new around. I do hope we can get this done as soon as possible. Its close to the time I want to return to the mainlands." It was better to be bluntly honest with the pacing i wanted to go at. i really just needed to learn on the basics, as he felt ii'd be able to improve over time on my own.
The man seemed glad that the two of us were on the same page and not fond of wasting time; He would therefore reciprocate my eagerness and get straight to what we were botht here for. Splendid, I will be frank and hopefully thorough. Alright, let’s begin. Genjutsu is a basic utilization of Yin or spiritual energy. I’m sure you are knowledgeable of the composition of normal chakra. he begins to pace back and forth gesticulating as he speaks. Chakra is composed of an equal amount Yin and Yang, or spiritual and physical energy. When you mold chakra you balance theses energies, once you have balanced the two, you can use chakra. When using Genjutsu, your chakra composition will have more Yin than Yang, the excess of spiritual energy allows one to extend their chakra outside of their body to the opponent’s brain, then manipulate the chakra flow in the brain, effectively disrupting their senses; once you’ve mastered molding a greater amount of spiritual energy you will find the releasing of chakra to inflict Genjutsu is identical to how you would release your normal chakra, requiring hand seals and such. The difficult part is the unbelievable chakra control necessary; I will discuss that in more detail later. Allow me to clear one thing up, you are not using just Yin, you’re still using chakra, but your chakra when initiating a Genjutsu has more Yin than Yang in its mixture. Now, the effect of a Genjutsu varies greatly and there are many variables that play a factor. How much chakra you expel, what part of the brain is targeted, and so on; but mostly, Genjutsu is limited only by your imagination. This is the premise behind the most basic of illusory techniques; you extend your chakra to your opponent’s brain and bam, they’re putty in your hands.
However, more…sophisticated Genjutsu require triggers. A trigger is something that facilitates the manipulation of the opponent’s chakra flow, in their brain that is. If you affect a person’s vision, by having them look at a target, usually your eyes, it makes it easier to infiltrate the chakra network and enables greater control when manipulating the opposing chakra, most Genjutsu require a trigger. In some cases, the only way to successively invade another’s chakra is through a trigger. Triggers include affecting hearing, touch, smell, or even taste; there have indeed been Genjutsu that have taken advantage of taste; I’ve seen someone eat a pill, and in that pill was a Genjutsu. I digress; now that you know the mechanism to ensnare an opponent with Genjutsu I’ll give you the basic uses of Genjutsu. He continues his lecture.
This type of specialty, as you already know is not like Ninjutsu or Taijutsu; Genjutsu does not under any circumstance physically harm the target, but makes them believe they are being physically harmed, causing mental pain by way of trauma. A Genjutsu is used to disrupt the 5 basic senses, which are sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch. This control over the chakra flow in the brain allows the Genjutsu user to create false images, making the opponent think you are somewhere you’re not allowing you to attack undetected. It can also be used to create false sounds, startling the opponent, giving them the impression there is another enemy in the vicinity. Genjutsu is also used to manipulate the sense of space and time. There is also a special subset of Genjutsu called Binding Genjutsu, this type of Genjutsu prohibits the target from moving, effectively immobilizing them, needless to say making them more vulnerable. Now, Genjutsu has to be used with tact, my teacher a long time ago told me ‘if you use more than one Genjutsu in combat, you’re doing something wrong.’ Initially I didn’t understand, I love Genjutsu and I love to use it, but what my teacher was trying to convey to me was, Genjutsu in itself is a very delicate and to some a mysterious tool. Just wielding Genjutsu makes you a dangerous enemy, but only because of its inherent baffling nature. The delicacy of the skill is tarnished if it is overused because it essentially loses what makes it so dangerous. A Genjutsu user must plan out thoroughly when and how they want to use their Genjutsu so that when the trap is set, you are ready to pounce and take full advantage. With all that being said, you will find just having Genjutsu in your repertoire will make you a feared opponent, due to the foe not knowing what to expect; they must always be ready for a trap, and a master in this art is deadlier than the sharpest blade.
I would like to expound on the chakra control aspect of Genjutsu, because it is truly the most important part of successfully wielding Genjutsu. Near flawless chakra control is necessary for every step of using Genjutsu. First, when molding an excess of Yin your new chakra composition is wild and wispy, this is why the chakra extended to enact Genjutsu is USUALLY not visible. There are some people whose Genjutsu prowess is so strong to the point where they can’t control it. There is a clan where a Genjutsu user will come around occasionally who is so dangerous they can’t control their illusions, and anyone at anytime who is near the person is at risk of being hurt by the untamed Yin-heavy chakra. Once the chakra is released, you must manage how much chakra. I said earlier that releasing the chakra is easy, but controlling the chakra released… not so much. The stronger the Genjutsu the more chakra needed to afflict the intended apparition or manifestation; the more chakra used the harder it becomes to control the Yin-heavy chakra. For example, if you are attempting a basic Genjutsu, the Yin Yang ratio will not be that much different from your usual Yin Yang ratio, allowing you to control the chakra rather easily, since the composition is not that much different than your normal composition. However, the stronger the Genjutsu the greater the ratio or the difference between your chakra’s Yin Yang mixture, making it extremely difficult to manage properly, as a result much training and concentration is required to reach advanced levels of Genjutsu. If sufficient training has not been done, advanced Genjutsu will not work.

Next, when you’ve managed to extend your chakra to the opponent, you have the necessary chakra but now you must aim and continue to exercise precise chakra control. Once you extend your chakra to the opponent’s brain, you use the control to manipulate the chakra flow in the central nervous system; this will disrupt the senses; at this point you determine the effect of the Genjutsu. Manipulating the chakra flow in the brain is actually a lot easier than most assume. You think of the hyperactivity of the brain, and you think that’s going to be extremely difficult to control. However, once your chakra is aimed properly and you’ve succeeded in extending your chakra to the opponent, the manipulation is quite natural and is very similar to controlling your own chakra flow.
Naturally, Genjutsu requires a sufficient knowledge of the chakra network and nervous system. You seem like an intelligent guy, so if you are not already well versed in the physiology of the body, I’m sure you can pick that knowledge up quickly enough independently. Heck, you can see any medic and they’ll give you a crash course on what part of the brain affects what, and how disturbances in one’s chakra flow affects the person. In summary, it takes impeccable concentration and chakra control to execute Genjutsu. It takes tact to successfully employ Genjutsu in combat. Lastly, a substantial knowledge of the nervous system and the body in general is required in order to use Genjutsu at its full potential.
I know that’s a lot at one time, and Genjutsu can get a bit confusing, so I apologize if all that was indeed too much. What I’ve just explained to you is the main reason why few shinobi practice Genjutsu; no one can deny its utility but it can be difficult to grasp. Also, the fact that Genjutsu doesn’t physically harm the opponent is why many stray away from the skill as well. Alright, do you have any questions or need me to clarify something before we move on to a short exercise.
This Neo character sure knew what he was talking about in regards to the art of genjutsu with the way he spoke. Soaking in all the information that he had provided, all of it being somewhat familiar yet brand new at the same time. Mychi had decided to wander around the island for a while instead of bothering to listen to Neo, I knew that the young boy would do something along those lines, nor could he i blame him, as he wasn't the one learning genjutsu, he just wanted to see the islands. "Splendid, I will be frank and hopefully thorough. Alright, let’s begin. Genjutsu is a basic utilization of Yin or spiritual energy. I’m sure you are knowledgeable of the composition of normal chakra." I recalled learning the basics of genjutsu from the academy, though the reminder was welcomed due to Me being out of the academy for so many years that some information seemed to escape me. Genjutsu was never my area of expertise, but i hoped i'd be able to get the most out of the art itself. ii knew i'd have to pay attention to the lesson, even if it seemed redundant to listen to things i could recall, though it would take me a bit to remember."When using Genjutsu, your chakra composition will have more Yin than Yang, the excess of spiritual energy allows one to extend their chakra outside of their body to the opponent’s brain, then manipulate the chakra flow in the brain, effectively disrupting their senses; once you’ve mastered molding a greater amount of spiritual energy you will find the releasing of chakra to inflict Genjutsu is identical to how you would release your normal chakra, requiring hand seals and such. The difficult part is the unbelievable chakra control necessary; I will discuss that in more detail later."The provided information regard the use of genjutsu and the chakra behind it seemed to fit in theory, concerning the use of Yin over Yang in terms of the chakra used for the form.

Genjutsu, being the art of deception, was something i knew on a basic level, though didn't study it much in terms of detail and the prowess behind it, nor in a practical sense either. i supposed that the more detailed and difficult concepts would be discussed in detail later once Neo deemed it appropriate. All I really had to do was keep note of the important details and be able to use genjutsu in a practical sense. I'd be able to develop my own understanding of it later once i could utilize the art in battle."Now, the effect of a Genjutsu varies greatly and there are many variables that play a factor. How much chakra you expel, what part of the brain is targeted, and so on; but mostly, Genjutsu is limited only by your imagination. This is the premise behind the most basic of illusory techniques; you extend your chakra to your opponent’s brain and bam, they’re putty in your hands."The bit of knowledge i could recall, mainly when i had convinced myself to learn genjutsu, i knew that genjutsu relied upon playing with the opponents senses, causing them to believe things to exist that weren't there. To alter thier senses to believe things to be true, or void things completely. Illusions could be simple or complex, anything that one could possibly think of, thus the only limitation being that of one's own imagination, the barrier one places upon them self. That was one of the reasons why he sought out to learn genjutsu, but also for reasons that would aid me in battle, possibly for less violent solutions.
"However, more…sophisticated Genjutsu require triggers. A trigger is something that facilitates the manipulation of the opponent’s chakra flow, in their brain that is. If you affect a person’s vision, by having them look at a target, usually your eyes, it makes it easier to infiltrate the chakra network and enables greater control when manipulating the opposing chakra, most Genjutsu require a trigger. In some cases, the only way to successively invade another’s chakra is through a trigger. Triggers include affecting hearing, touch, smell, or even taste; there have indeed been Genjutsu that have taken advantage of taste; I’ve seen someone eat a pill, and in that pill was a Genjutsu." While it was true that I knew about the various methods that one could trigger a genjutsu, i wasn't quiet aware of the portion that involved a pill, as i had never seen nor heard of it being used in a practical sense. i supposed that it would mainly be used for interrogating prisoners or even civilians, though getting a shinobi to consume something would arose suspicion, or at least from my own perception. Sight, hearing, and touch seemed to be the ones I was familiar with from the old explanation i received when i was younger, though with good reason.

I continued to soak in the purple- haired man’s explanation of genjutsu, not showing any emotions or signs on his face, except for the acknowledgement that he was taking this information to heart. Playing around with the senses, allowing people to see, feel and hear things that aren't actually there was one of the many reasons why i became interested in the art of genjutsu, the art of deceiving. Though it contradicted my person, as i would not be one for deceiving, the aspect of being able to end a battle without having to deal a killing blow, or even make it painless, was something that suited my character, and i knew that. In that sense, i knew it would be a good fit to go along with my other skills. "Now, Genjutsu has to be used with tact, my teacher a long time ago told me ‘if you use more than one Genjutsu in combat, you’re doing something wrong.’"While I did believe Neo to a certain extent in that portion of his explanation, I had a feeling that stringing multiple genjutsus, causing the opponent to become overwhelmed, would also be beneficial in certain circumstances, mainly when there would be a single opponent ii didn't want to deal with, as long as they were susceptible to genjutsu, it would work in theory.
With Neo going on to state his personal experience, along with the how he view genjutsu, i would take that in to account for my future experiences when i used genjutsu, though i believed that it was best for me to learn through experience, to find out where i went wrong. Something that spars would be able to help me greatly in. I was still owed a spar from years ago that i could use eventually. Stating that the art of illusions being deadlier than a blade wasn't necessarily a shock, due to believing that to a degree, but rather came off as something i could use to my personal advantage. As i'd be wielding both a blade and having access to genjutsu, a combination i thought would aid me in the protection ofKirigakure.

As Neo reached the chakra control portion of his lecture, which i assumed would be followed by practical practices, as i'd need some experience with it to actual be able to know more about it, his attention started to peak. Chakra control would be a key aspect of genjutsu, one i'd have to keep note of and use in practice. The note i truly took in to account, storing it in my mind, was of controlling the chakra released, something i wasn't familiar with in the degree i needed. Control would be needed at all levels, whether it ranged from simple jutsus of lower ranks to more complex, deadly jutsus of higher ranks. The control would also be needed to make a smooth transition for the person sensors, to alter their senses gradually. The rest just flew in, things i could put together regarding the process of when my chakra would affect my opponent, the process of controlling the chakra, molding it into an illusion and ultimately disrupting the senses of my opponent. It would be a new feeling, allowing my chakra to affect an individual, but i knew it wouldd be like another nature to e, one that would come naturally over the flow of time, like my skills with ninjutsu. The slight comment Neo had made, along with the information he provided to succeed in genjutsu, relating to the physiology of the human bodyi would be able to pick up pretty quickly. Kiri had quiet a few medics, some of which i knew of, who would more than likely help. If not, i knew i would indulge myself in to seeking it out myself.
It certainly was quiet a bit to take in at once, especially when diving in to a brand new field, one ii had limited experiences with. I was thankful for Neo’s input about the different ways to utilize genjutsu, though ii knew there was a lot more that i would find out through personal experiences, as that was the best way to improve."That was quiet..... informative. A lot to take in at once, but I suppose its better than nothing, with the limited amount of time I have remaining here. I don't necessarily have any questions at the moment, just simple curiosity that will be eased over time. I find that experience is the best way for me to learn more, and to answer questions that would come up. Maybe after the exercise a few questions may arise, maybe not." I was speaking honestly, though i clearly sure what i would want answered, as it may just confuse me further. The result, him wanting to go through trial and error on his own.
Okay then, the first thing we’re going to do is mold chakra with a tad bit more Yin than Yang. This composition will almost be identical to your normal composition, so if you concentrate you will be able to control it. To simplify, Genjutsu is the extension of your chakra to your opponent’s brain. So just release the chakra and extend it to me. Simple enough right, if you lose control though you won’t be able to aim it and it will bypass me; so don’t forget to concentrate.

Neo probably knew it was dangerous to let an inexperienced shinobi infiltrate his chakra system so he must have set some measures unknown to me. One last thing, usually once your chakra is extended to another’s you will feel their chakra somewhat become yours, allowing you to further manipulate it, some think this is a unique property of Yin or spiritual energy, I eluded to this earlier. Anyway, you will not be able to manipulate my chakra due to reasons I cannot disclose. However, the purpose of this training is extension, not manipulation. If your chakra reaches mine you will feel it be rejected, and if you feel this rejection that means you’ve succeeded in extending your chakra to mine, and that is Genjutsu. Go for it.
WC:5535
Back to top Go down
Dray
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin
Dray

Family night In[priv] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family night In[priv]   Family night In[priv] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 7:14 am

So i would have to concentrate my chakra, causing it to extend towards Neo’s and ultimately see if that worked, or rather if i had a grasp on the control needed for genjutsu. Glancing from the corner of my eye, i noticed mychi sitting on the ground, watching the two of us, though it was clear that he had nothing else to do at the current time. Shifting my attention back to Neo, I felt it was best to start off slow, just gain a grasp of what i was going to do before i went ahead and attempted to use genjutsu, or a variety of, for the first time. The slightest shift in my hands, a little bit of anxiousness on his part, for my very first attempt was present. I knew it would stay around for the first few times i would attempt genjutsu, and i didn't expect it to disappear any time soon either, not until i was proficient in the art. The first thing i was instructed to do was to mold my chakra, using more Yin than Yang, something that i never truly attempted. It was weird, trying to tilt the balance in the favor of one aspect of chakra than the other. Neo did state that i would need to concentrate, though i believed it would eventually become of second nature to me later on; as i would become more accustomed to it in the future, my focus shifted to the chakra hei would release. Release then extend it towards Neo. The exercise wouldn't be exhausting on my chakra reserves, but rather my mentality depending how long it would take and how much concentration it would truly take.
As the rest of Neo’s words began to register, mainly the words of me not being able to manipulate his chakra brought about a round of questions; questions that wouldn't be asked. Maybe it was a special ability he possessed. Possibly. Though there could be other reasons for him to say as such. It didn't particularly matter to me at that moment, as the exercise mainly needed for me to extend my chakra, the manipulation would probably come fairly easily afterwards. I didn't have much to worry about, i knew if something was attempted, Yuurei could easily intervene, and the boy possessed his own unique skill set. I had to make so that when my chakra was extended that i would be sensitive to the message it would send back to me, rejection. It was odd, but i supposed Neo was also weary of my own capabilities, just like I was of His.
I started off by basing it off of normal ninjutsu, the one i was most used to at this point in time. That was normal chakra. I needed to tip the scale in favor of the Yin, to allow this exercise to be executed properly. While i never truly did that before, being used to the perfectly fine balance beforehand, i supposed that the only difficulty would be altering the balance. Being so accustomed to the ways of regular chakra, that took on physical forms, It took a while for my chakra to mold differently, for the Yin to tip the balance. It was difficult to measure how much more i needed, but i supposed just a decent, noticeable amount would do. Nothing too far out, just a slight tip of the scale. Like pouring glasses of water, though allowing one to have a fair amount more. Not too significant, yet still noticeable. With the chakra balanced, well not balanced, but rather shifted, i began to extend it. Sure it wouldn't have a physical form or appearance, but i could still feel where my chakra would be extending to; towards Neo. It would be a matter of moments before i would feel something, or nothing. I just hoped i was doing it right for the time being.
Neo simply watched as the shinobi from kirigakure concentrated and made his attempt to convert his normal chakra into a more spiritual form. He seemed to have the hang of it thus far. His sensitivity to Yin was greatly increased due to his special ability which would allow him to detect the presence of Yin in contact with him. The chakra grabbed a hold of his chakra flow and was immediately repelled by a sudden eruption in his chakra flow. Neo would feel a chill run throughout his entire body. Whoever this guy is, his chakra is strong. Neo had a look of worry on his face, and then gave a slight smile. "Well, I must say I'm impressed. You've just used Genjutsu. Like you said earlier experience is the best teacher, you will improve in the art with practice and time. That is all I have to teach you, I hope you've found the lesson informative and helpful. I wish you safe travels back to the mainlands." With that, Neo nodded and made his way off the island.
So, I had managed to do it correctly. While I had not been able to get a word out to the man who just taught me the art of genjutsu, though i still let out my acknowledgement, muttering out a quiet thank you that would be lost in the vastness of the distance between us. I had managed to accomplish the task i set out to do, albeit later than anticipated, though there was a bright side to it all. I would be going home. Not alone, but knowing I would be returning to the mainland, with the people i wanted to protect, it could almost be classified as antsy, though my visual cues never seemed to show it. Turning around, with a gentle grace, I motioned for mychi to follow, who did not hesitate. It was really an experience and all that was left for me was to develop on his own.
So that is how i learned the illusionary arts of genjutsu Dray. I hoped i have satisfied any questions that you might have had, haven’t i. “ “Of course you have dad. I never knew that you knew how to perform the illusionary arts of genjutsu since we hardly talk about your life of shinobi hood and i always did not want to bother you about it but thank you dad, i really appreciate it.” Dray had gotten more than enough information that he needed and even with what he had heard, he doubted that the book he had been reading held better information other than this so he was just going to go to bed. “Good night dad, good night mom.” He said as he retired to his room to catch some sleep.
WC:1131
Total: 6666
Back to top Go down

Family night In[priv]
Page 1 of 1