Shinobi World War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An AU Naruto RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Settle [Voltaire vs Horus]
More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeby Horus Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:55 pm

» LR Being Reborn!
More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:44 pm

» Ninja Way: Shinobi of Lore Advertisement
More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeby Gambaldi Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 pm

» Shinobi Fables Untold
More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:16 am

» NDRP - AU Fairy Tail
More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeby # 50 Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:59 pm

» Everyone Read This!
More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeby Horus Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:23 am

» It haassss begun.
More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeby Kouzai Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:23 am

» Inactivity explained
More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeby First Mizukage Rei-Sama Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:42 pm

» Returning for good!
More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeby Cookie Monster Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:13 am

Top posters
Webmaster
More of A Suggestion than Help I_vote_lcapMore of A Suggestion than Help I_voting_barMore of A Suggestion than Help I_vote_rcap 
Will
More of A Suggestion than Help I_vote_lcapMore of A Suggestion than Help I_voting_barMore of A Suggestion than Help I_vote_rcap 
Horus
Ryan
darny
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Makoto
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Hitomi Shiruku
V
Top posting users this week
No user

More of A Suggestion than Help

Go down 
+2
Horus
Bastian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bastian
Suna Chunin
Suna Chunin
Bastian

More of A Suggestion than Help Empty
PostSubject: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 1:26 pm

So I notice an overabundance of private or invite only topics. Which is normally cool, but with villages so few in number it sort of cripples the activity on the boards. So I say simply, why not limit the amount a time a thread can be private or even limit the use of the private tag/invite only tag to maybe being allowed in those threads if your actually from the village. If its not a mission inside the village your from, you should be subject to any random invasion. After all where is the thrill in rping if you don't run risks of random encounters (that don't always have to be violent in nature). Just saying its more fun if everyone just man'd or woman'd the fuck up and take chances. If one is worried about dying then make new tags, NK or Kidnapping or eye-snatching and so on. There are many ways around this whole private thread idea and at the same time allow people to feel safe.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Horus
Kazekage
Kazekage
Horus

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:35 pm

I like said suggestion and its something to consider.
Back to top Go down
darny
Suna Genin
Suna Genin
darny

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 3:06 pm

Totes
Back to top Go down
Bastian
Suna Chunin
Suna Chunin
Bastian

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 6:32 pm

Just did a glance at the village's board. They are damn near all private, training, or invite only lol Thats ridiculous. Like its a really large amount of them. Do that many people lack confidence in their rp ability?
Back to top Go down
Ryan

Ryan

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 9:59 am

I thought you couldnt make private threads outside of your villaage?
Back to top Go down
darny
Suna Genin
Suna Genin
darny

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 1:58 pm

yeah, a least i lack confidence in that part.
 plus, I'm not thinking of ranking up anytime soon, I wanna have enough interaction before I do, I don't want to be weak as a jonin, l'll  make a training thread that's open
Back to top Go down
Bastian
Suna Chunin
Suna Chunin
Bastian

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 2:11 pm

I can understand the need, but if you only do private threads how are you having fun? Rping with an old friend is cool, but what about rping with new people. Kinda thought that was the point.
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 2:54 pm

I am personally not in the business of telling people how to have fun. If they want to RP with certain people, I honestly don't see a problem.
Back to top Go down
Bastian
Suna Chunin
Suna Chunin
Bastian

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 3:10 pm

You miss my point Will. I can understand wanting to rp with friends, my issue is with a board full of private threads. That hurts a site more than help. I feel that private threads should be lessened is all. Some threads need to be private, but not 90% of them.
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 3:31 pm

I must miss the point because I don't really get where this is coming from.

In my estimation, people can create their threads, generally, however they want, and if that involves them playing primarily or exclusively with people they know, I don't know why that's a problem. I further don't understand why anyone can say that that is either not fun or not the point. However, I don't know that I have spoken to anyone on the forum who isn't willing to RP with just about anyone after chatting with them for a few minutes or after an exchange of a PM or two.

I do not, however, think that this has anything to do with peoples lack of confidence in their rp skills.
Back to top Go down
Dray
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin
Dray

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 3:37 pm

I'm confident bout my rp skills but I know a boss when I see one.. Lol
With people threatening to kill and murder and stab and do this and that? Why the fuck won't people make private threads?

For me as a person, I love to get my shit done fast, mostly trainings and such so I keep them private. When someone joins, it might or might not get real slow. That's just me, not speaking for anyone.
Back to top Go down
Ryan

Ryan

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 9:14 am

Logically you shouldnt be able to make private threads in a place that doesnt belong to you... so i dont see the thing
Back to top Go down
Bastian
Suna Chunin
Suna Chunin
Bastian

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 9:20 am

Lol I see now. The mass amount of private threads is preferred lol If this is your norm and you'd rather defend it then disregard. I was trying to help not ruin your comfort zones. Thank you for shitting all over my suggestion, won't happen again lol
Back to top Go down
Ryan

Ryan

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 9:21 am

I get what youre saying but its hard to force people into threads
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 9:30 am

Bastian, you keep making suggestions and throwing bitch fits the moment somebody checks you or even starts to disagree. That whole, "thank you for shitting all over my suggestion," and getting mad at me for asking what place you had in event planning? That stops. You learn manners or you leave.
Back to top Go down
Bastian
Suna Chunin
Suna Chunin
Bastian

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 9:50 am

Lmao Whatever dude your the Admin after all.
Back to top Go down
Dray
Kiri Chunin
Kiri Chunin
Dray

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 10:13 am

Ryan is correct. There is a rule that says "can't make private threads in village that you aren't from".. I think
Back to top Go down
darny
Suna Genin
Suna Genin
darny

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:38 am

Yeah, but the villages are the villages that the villagers are from, and since villagers can make posts private posts in villages that the villagers come from, the villagers are therefore able to make private posts in the villages ..Hahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
darny
Suna Genin
Suna Genin
darny

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 1:13 pm

Urrgghhhh, let's disband this idea, though it can be considered, everyone has the freedom to be an omega or be a pack member when posting threads, if u know what I mean ( raised eyebrow)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More of A Suggestion than Help   More of A Suggestion than Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More of A Suggestion than Help
Page 1 of 1