Shinobi World War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An AU Naruto RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Settle [Voltaire vs Horus]
More Regalia  Icon_minitimeby Horus Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:55 pm

» LR Being Reborn!
More Regalia  Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:44 pm

» Ninja Way: Shinobi of Lore Advertisement
More Regalia  Icon_minitimeby Gambaldi Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 pm

» Shinobi Fables Untold
More Regalia  Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:16 am

» NDRP - AU Fairy Tail
More Regalia  Icon_minitimeby # 50 Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:59 pm

» Everyone Read This!
More Regalia  Icon_minitimeby Horus Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:23 am

» It haassss begun.
More Regalia  Icon_minitimeby Kouzai Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:23 am

» Inactivity explained
More Regalia  Icon_minitimeby First Mizukage Rei-Sama Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:42 pm

» Returning for good!
More Regalia  Icon_minitimeby Cookie Monster Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:13 am

Top posters
Webmaster
More Regalia  I_vote_lcapMore Regalia  I_voting_barMore Regalia  I_vote_rcap 
Will
Horus
Ryan
darny
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Makoto
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Hitomi Shiruku
V
Top posting users this week
No user

More Regalia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Enkai
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin
Enkai

More Regalia  Empty
PostSubject: More Regalia    More Regalia  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 1:08 am

Name: King's Vault
Type: Ring
Materials: Mostly Magic
Visual Description:

A dark, stately ring, the face, in lieu of a gem, bears a strange little drawing crafted from the dark metal of the ring and an intricately orange gem. The insignia looks vaguely like a person staring up into the strangely orange heavens with his or her arms outstretched. The band is thick, though not so much as to obstruct digit motion, and the face is diamond shaped. While not gaudy or overly flashy, it is quite lovely to behold and seems to bear a kind of dark hypnotic quality to those who stare at it for any long while
Ability:

• Blood of Kings: Major. A unique, twisted aspect of the ring, this warps the wearer's chakra. While everyone has a unique chakra signature, the ring subtly alters the chakra of the wearer. While this has no damaging effect upon the wearer, courtesy again of the ring, the warped chakra becomes anethema to anyone or anything that would steal of the wearer's chakra. The chakra essentially poisons anyone who imbibes it, removing any chakra deductions for techniques they may have and draining an A rank's worth of chakra from the victim per post. Should a person continue to try and steal chakra from the wearer, these effects shall double for every subsequent post of draining, causing technique to cost one more rank per post and causing an extra A rank drain per additional post of absorption. In the case of items which steal the wearer's chakra, minor and medium abilities shall become inaccessible and they will lose twenty durability per post and shall fall apart upon reaching zero durability or, in the case that an item has no durability rating, it shall instead lose one rank per turn and shall fall apart upon reaching E rank. As with people, should an item continue absorbing chakra of the wearer, these effects shall increase per post, draining an additional twenty durability, or two ranks, per post per additional post of absorption. (The draining effects of the ring wear off three posts after the most recent post in which someone absorbed the wearer's chakra.)

Cost: 3500
Requirements: Only one. For Enkai

Last edited by Enkai on Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hitomi Shiruku
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Hitomi Shiruku

More Regalia  Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Regalia    More Regalia  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:02 pm

Ah turning the absorption makers upon themselves, very clever...

however the ending is a bit odd to say, do they get to choose whether they lose 20 durability or 2 ranks, or do you, and even so why is there a second option there...why not just leave it at either or?
Back to top Go down
Enkai
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin
Enkai

More Regalia  Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Regalia    More Regalia  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:04 pm

Well not all items and stuff have a durability rating, so I figured that in the case that they didn't they would instead lose letter rankings. So the only time that would happen is if an item didn't already have durability listed (so it's not my choice). I hope that better explains it.
Back to top Go down
Hitomi Shiruku
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Hitomi Shiruku

More Regalia  Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Regalia    More Regalia  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:11 pm

Ah alright then

APPROVED!~
Back to top Go down
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho

More Regalia  Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Regalia    More Regalia  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 6:51 am

Hold on a minute. This has an infinite drain on it. If you steal chakra from the person wearing the ring once, they continue to get their chakra drained no matter if they're draining it or not. That's a steep ability for being Minor, let alone for having no drawbacks. If this is the case, this needs to be revised.

Enkai wrote:

The chakra essentially poisons anyone who imbibes it, removing any chakra deductions for techniques they may have and draining an A rank's worth of chakra from the victim per post.
Back to top Go down
Enkai
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin
Enkai

More Regalia  Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Regalia    More Regalia  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 6:59 am

It's a medium ability, though I suppose it could be bumped to major. I oppose this, however, as it's not only supplementary and defensive by nature but also requires that someone have the ability to absorb chakra and then manages to actually start absorbing mine.

As for the infinite drain, someone could remove the poisonous chakra through regular chakra purification methods or medical jutsu that does something similar. It is in no way untreatable nor was it intended to be untreatable.
Back to top Go down
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho

More Regalia  Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Regalia    More Regalia  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 11:25 am

The problem I have is that it will drain continuously no matter what. It's essentially, a 0 cost Chakra Drain jutsu that has no adverse affects to yourself which would otherwise be, maintaining touch contact. It's not that far off from making an auto refreshing Genjutsu. It's not appealing to me at all.

The first thing I request is that you bump up the rank and level of the ability. After which we'll tackle the side effects for said ability.
Back to top Go down
Enkai
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin
Enkai

More Regalia  Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Regalia    More Regalia  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Ability level has been increased to major.

It will not drain continuously no matter what in the same way that a seal will not seal indefinitely no matter what, a poison will not poison continuously no matter what, and a cut will not bleed continuously no matter what. They all, along with this effect, can be treated and combated.

As far as the cost and adverse effects go, I already have to be in a position in which someone both can and does absorb my chakra, which generally implies contact has been established and that they don't just decide not to do so because they read this item and don't want absorb chakra. Generally speaking, this item could just say "Enkai spent 3500 ryo on a fancy ring" and it would amount to the same thing. Cost wise, this doesn't prevent the chakra from being absorbed, though maybe that was not completely clear, so it implicitly has a mandatory cost in that I have to lose chakra in order for it to activate.
Back to top Go down
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho

More Regalia  Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Regalia    More Regalia  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 4:15 am

Yes but the issue is you spend no upkeep cost to maintain the connection. All jutsu has an upkeep cost. So my not having one you're essentially using a free Perma drain whet everyone else needs to pay upkeep costs. I dislike auto jutsu as does most staff. So to keep it how it is you need either an upkeep cost or a side effect from this. And just because it's curable by med jutsu doesn't mean it's automatically approved.

In reality there is a large difference between poison and chakra poison. The chakra poison doesn't make much sense to be effected by med jutsu because that usually deals with physical bodies and rarely the network itself.

Do you see my point?
Back to top Go down
Enkai
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin
Enkai

More Regalia  Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Regalia    More Regalia  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 7:23 am

Well, most effects of most items here have no cost or upkeep. No chakra absorbing techniques or items, to my knowledge, require either initial cost or an upkeep whatsoever. Moreover, as I said before, this has the implicit cost of me losing chakra to someone else who is stealing it. Again, this is neither a free perma-drain nor is it a jutsu. As for the continued effect of it, this partly hinges upon the poison-esque nature of the corruption the ring causes. As for auto jutsu. Shrug I guess? It's automatic in the same sense that armor giving durability is automatic, or any other inherent and non-activatable/unactivatable ability of any item is.

Upkeep cost/drawbacks: I'm open to suggestions I guess. I don't really see the logic in this having an upkeep cost since it is essentially just other people's chakra systems reacting poorly to a 'corrupted' chakra source which their bodies cannot handle/don't know what to do with.

I did not include the fact that it was curable as some kind of implication that it is automatically approved. I included it as a response to your accusation that it will continually drain chakra no matter what. However, considering what you have now said about this not making sense, should I change it so that medical jutsu cannot remove the malignant chakra?

I fail to see any significant, conceptual difference between a poison of the body and a poison of the chakra, save that the poison of the chakra would be non-physical (chakra-based) by nature.

Your point seems to be that you don't like this ability.
Back to top Go down
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Kiri Jounin
Kiri Jounin
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho

More Regalia  Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Regalia    More Regalia  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 8:19 am

The point isn't that I don't like it. The point is that you're asking for free jutsu just like when you attempted to make an auto refreshing Genjutsu. Medical jutsu doesn't cover fixing chakra channels it only covers fixing the actual physical body. Ergo, I don't see how medical jutsu can even cure a disease based in chakra. It's like saying, "this water has an enzyme in it that kills people. Lets add more water into it so it fixes it." It makes 0 sense.

And on top of that point, Jutsu that are cast from weapons usually have a number of uses, duration/cooldown, or other such repercussion. I'm not allowing an infinite drain jutsu that literally takes the one thing that makes chakra drain fair, away.
Back to top Go down
Enkai
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin
Enkai

More Regalia  Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Regalia    More Regalia  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 8:43 am

I did make an auto-refreshing genjutsu. It was not, and still is not, free.

I'm not asking for a free jutsu here. I'm asking for an ability which makes it dangerous to try and absorb my chakra.

If you don't want medical jutsu to work against this, that's fine I guess. However, that analogy is simply not accurate. It would be more like saying "this water has an enzyme in it that kills people. Let's add a different enzyme which counteracts or destroys the first enzyme to make the water drinkable again." Unless you're meaning to say that medical ninjutsu is nothing more than pouring unaltered chakra over a wound.

As for medical ninjutsu not repairing chakra channels, this would mean that damage to the chakra system inflicted by, say, Hyuugas would be unalterable. Additionally, unless the chakra pathways are non-physical in nature, this would mean that physical wounds, such as severing an arm, would result in that arm being rid of chakra permanently as, apparently, medical sciences and magics cannot restore the severed pathways. But again, if that's how it is then so be it: medical chakra cannot cure this 'poison.'

This is simply untrue. I'll go get links if you really want, but a vast portion of weapons and armors absorb chakra for no cost at all (and passively too), cut through any and everything without any cost, fly around of their own accord, and reduce the cost of varying techniques of varying disciplines. All of these cost no chakra and have no downside.
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Administrator
Administrator
Webmaster

More Regalia  Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Regalia    More Regalia  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 11:37 am

I have no issues with this ring, I see what's happening here and what it can do and all @ tetra, but the fact remains that it just happens when someone tries to drain the wearer's chakra, essentially countering it by draining the drainer's chakra. On another note, Medical Ninjutsu CAN remove this "poison", why? Well it's simple. Adding more water into filthy water will start to lessen the filth ratio, if you start to push too much water into an object, it will start to leak through holes, causing the filth to exit. Pushing more and more water in will result in only clean water being left over in the end. Basically, chakra can push the bad chakra out of your system, essentially secreting it through the tenketsu~ Besides, the wearer is NOT getting that drained chakra, they're still loosing chakra.
The only thing I'd like to change here is to put a time on it. Let's say the draining effect/poison stays for 3 posts after the drainer stopped draining the wearer's chakra?
Back to top Go down
https://shinobiworldwar.rpg-board.net
Enkai
Kiri Genin
Kiri Genin
Enkai

More Regalia  Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Regalia    More Regalia  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 10:27 pm

Oh, yeah a time limit of three posts seems alright. I'll edit that in.
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Administrator
Administrator
Webmaster

More Regalia  Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Regalia    More Regalia  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 8:09 am

Approved
Back to top Go down
https://shinobiworldwar.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

More Regalia  Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Regalia    More Regalia  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Regalia
Page 1 of 1