Shinobi World War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An AU Naruto RPG

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Settle [Voltaire vs Horus]
Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeby Horus Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:55 pm

» LR Being Reborn!
Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:44 pm

» Ninja Way: Shinobi of Lore Advertisement
Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeby Gambaldi Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 pm

» Shinobi Fables Untold
Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeby Webmaster Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:16 am

» NDRP - AU Fairy Tail
Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeby # 50 Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:59 pm

» Everyone Read This!
Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeby Horus Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:23 am

» It haassss begun.
Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeby Kouzai Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:23 am

» Inactivity explained
Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeby First Mizukage Rei-Sama Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:42 pm

» Returning for good!
Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeby Cookie Monster Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:13 am

Top posters
Webmaster
Mission Grind [Private] I_vote_lcapMission Grind [Private] I_voting_barMission Grind [Private] I_vote_rcap 
Will
Mission Grind [Private] I_vote_lcapMission Grind [Private] I_voting_barMission Grind [Private] I_vote_rcap 
Horus
Ryan
darny
Daisuke Minatoya Ansho
Makoto
First Mizukage Rei-Sama
Hitomi Shiruku
V
Top posting users this week
No user

Mission Grind [Private]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

Mission Grind [Private] Empty
PostSubject: Mission Grind [Private]   Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 10:35 pm

Spoiler:

He fiddled with a pen as he waited, sitting in a hardened plastic chair in an absurdly colorful waiting room, the entry way to the building in which the boy sat, one ear piece in and the other hanging loosely and lifeless from the color of a blue and green plaid button up. He looked around, observing the area he was in. The walls were lined with a hundred arts and crafts: dry macaroni noodles glued to paper, crayon drawing of every imaginable sort, finger paintings mirroring the abstraction of the very best impressionist and post-modern painting, and everything in between. Additionally, a large collection of shoes rested on the floor, haphazardly discarded by the children in their rush to go do… whatever it was they did during the day.

Finally the head mistress appeared and talked him through the specifics of his mission. A few of the toddlers had gone missing somehow and it was the young ninja’s duty to retrieve them. While conventionally not something associated with the ninja life, one painted up as violent and full of exciting battles to the death and dangerous spying missions, everyone needed to start somewhere, and this was where he would start. The mission appeared simple enough; the children likely had not gotten too far, they weren’t stealthy in any way and someone would likely have seen them, and they had a few known places that they preferred. And so, without further ado, the genin thanked the woman for seeing him, swept his gaze over the foyer once more, and strode out into the world, ready to track down some naughty children.

The first ten minutes or so were boring and uneventful, the boy searching around the block on which the daycare was situated, hoping that perhaps one of them had simply become lost and was sitting sad and forlorn on a bench. Alas, he had no such luck and began searching outwards, focusing his hunt on some of the known locations the children enjoyed. One of them, F, allegedly enjoyed the local park above anywhere else and so he made his way down there, walking quickly and keeping his eyes open the whole time. He eventually arrived at the local recreation area and looked around the play set and surrounding features. Unfortunately the child was nowhere to be found, so the boy took a short break, leaning up against a tree and sighing to the sky. A blue shoe dangled in his line of vision.

He rolled his eyes before he began climbing the tree, applying small amounts of chakra as he did so as not to fall hurtling to the ground below. Once he got near the top, he found that the tree had grown in a strange way, its upper branches curving in on themselves and making a kind of inner sanctum amongst the leaves and branches. Honestly, it was super cool and the genin could see himself having hung out here when he was younger. Regardless, upon reaching the top he located not one but two children, them brandishing a couple sticks at him to ward off the unwanted approach. After a bit of talking, he convinced them that the castle (the daycare) required the help of two brave knights and the boys came running back with him.

On his return, the headmistress batted not an eye, choosing instead to inform him that another pair of children had escaped in his absence and that he would need to go out into the world once more and track them down. He wondered to himself what on earth kind care center this woman was wondering, affirming to himself that he would never, under any circumstances, bring his children, should he have any, to this particular care center. After getting some more details about the two toddlers who had now escaped, two girls this time, the boy once again set out on his mission to track down the kids.

These girls didn’t much like the park, though one of them allegedly loved hide and seek. That wasn’t going to be fun. The other loved to play dress up, going so far as to make her own outfits and display them for her daycare friends. Apparently her skills were actually quite impressive, considering how young the girl was. The genin chose to search nearer downtown for this one, thinking that perhaps the girl had gravitated towards the clothing stores of one of the main shopping areas in the Village of Leaves. After a bit of searching and coming up short, he was about to move on when he heard a ruckus coming from a store.

When he looked in, he saw a tiny girl, no taller than four feet tall, positively screaming at a store opener, chewing him out for something involving thread count and low quality fabrics. The clerk was clearly uncomfortable and didn’t have a good answer for the young girl, standing and sweating and trying to say something to appease the angry little person before him. The genin entered and extracted the girl, telling her that if they didn’t hurry back that she would miss the dress show and that her friends needed her fashion advice. She squealed and came happily along.

Once they had exited the store the small girl demanded a piggy back ride and refused to budge from her spot until the older boy gave her one. Thinking ahead a bit, the genin asked her if she knew he friend’s super-secret hiding place and, after a bit of negotiation, he convinced her to trade the information for the aforementioned piggy back ride and a piece of gum he had lifted off a nearby stand. In a few moments they pairing found themselves in a different shop, this one full of massive dresses and beautiful kimonos where the girl, resting on the shoulders of the genin, informed him that she liked to hide in the rack with the bright purple and green kimonos. The two found her and rushed her back to the clothing show at the daycare, Gen receiving the mildest of praise for his troubles and being that much closer to the prized title of chunin.

The boy moved lightly and briskly towards a daycare center in a more affluent neighborhood of the Village Hidden in the Leaves than he was generally accustomed too. As it turned out, the location was that of one he had previously visited before, that being a place in which a mission he had completed a few days ago had taken place. Apparently a similar issue, much like last time, had arisen and needed to be handled. Of course, only low ranking shinobi, like the young genin himself, would even consider taking such a mission, but this time the young boy had been called upon specifically to resolve this particular issued at the carecenter for young children.

The boy who had previously helped out at this particular center had been called in specially because of just that: the fact that he had previously helped out at the care center and knew the kids, even just a little bit, and thus should have a definitive edge when tracking down the once again missing children. Honestly, he was already looking forward to when he could take on some higher ranking missions and deal with people who hadn’t misplaced the children that they had been tasked with caring for. It was not even as if they had anything else to do. This was their entire job! They were not torn between giving attention to the kids and trying to get stronger to advance within the village, no like the young boy was.

And so he made his way to the care center, the sun having only recently dipped down from his apex in the sky, signaling the turning of the day into the afternoon. Likely the children had fled in the chaos following their daily lunch, excited and filled with newfound energy and ready to go out into the world and play and hide and do fashion shows and whatever else they had decided to do. He smiled to himself, thinking about how silly some of the children were and wondering if one day they may grow up to be powerful ninja like the kage one day. These thoughts filled his head as he entered the foyer of the care center and being met quickly by the woman he had previously met with.

She was, more or less, just as stern as he recalled, but she felt a bitwarmer. Perhaps she felt more comfortable entrusting the rescue of the children to him since she had met him before and knew that he would protect and retrieve them without fuss. She quickly went into the specifics about who was missing and where they had been last seen. The first was a girl he had met earlier, her being the one who loved to make her own clothing and show it off to all of her peers. The other was a boy he had never previously met though the boy was, allegedly, a lover of candy and could seemingly sniff the stuff out for miles around. Armed with the newfound knowledge, the young genin set off in an attempt to find the missing children.

First on his list of searchable places was the location immediately surrounding the care center. He knew that the likelihood of finding the children there was slim, but he had to make sure he was adequately thorough and did not simply let one of the lost children slip easily under his nose. Such a rooky mistake would ensure that the young genin remain just that: a foolish little genin with little hope for advancement. And he did not, under any circumstances, want to end up as one of those forty year old genin who could not do anything but teach at the academy or quit and become normal civilians. He had obligations to fulfill and places to go.

He could not locate the children, the youngsters most likely having fled to a different part of town. He was not disheartened though as he had never truly intended to find them in so basic and simple a place. He continued his search, moving along until he reached a nearby downtown like area, filled with a multitude of fancy and expensive clothing stores. He figured that the young mistress of clothing would be somewhere within one of the shops, tormenting one of the shopkeepers or attempting to use some of their fabric to make alterations to the outfits they had on display. However, he could not find her in any of the large department stores located on the strip. Exiting the last store, the young male ninja would look around, scanning the surrounding people for any small girls in bright purpleclothing.

While he could not find her, he did find something. As his head swiveled back and forth in search of the girl, he felt something rustle near one of the pockets of his light jacket. Swiftly spinning around to face the would be thief, the young boy found himself face to face with an even younger boy, pudgy and with an absurdly huge nose far too large to reasonably fit on his face. He was sniffing the air in front of him near where the older genin’s pocket had only recently been. Reaching into it, the older boy found a handful of hard candy, delicious sweet procured from a local stand while absentmindedly passing it by. He offered the child some in return for information on the girl.

Apparently she was hosting a fashion show in a square only a blockaway. He and the young boy made their way to the show, the younger one munching happily on some candy and the older one keeping his eyes peeled for any sign of the girl. He needed focus for only a short while as the event was apparently immensely popular and well-advertised. He attempted to approach the girl but was shoed away as she dressed some of her models and so, without anything better to do, he simply allowed her to carry on and give the crowd a great show before meeting up with her afterwards. She was so gleeful with his not having interrupted her partway through her show that she happily agreed to return with him. And so the boy and his young wards returned to the daycare center, the older headmistress pleased with the boy’s success once more. As he left he shook himself, vowing that he would never again go on the lookout for young children on behalf of a care center that could not, apparently, do the job that so many paid it to do.

2128 | 2128

Exit

Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

PostSubject: Re: Mission Grind [Private]   Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:41 pm

Spoiler:

Mission Grind [Private] UZDDGZ3b

This mission certainly was on the odder side of things. For one, it did not feel like a normal mission for some undiscernible and unknowable reason. Where most missions he had been on thus far required him to do some menial task that most anyone could do, this one, while still a C rank mission and well within his capabilities, was certainly different. A man had given it to him as opposed to the office of the kage and one of the assistants which was not completely unheard of. He had already taken a mission earlier from a private contractor type, and that was arguably just as sketchy as this one. Still, the young boy, eager for promotion, thought it strange than this particular mission scroll would bear the official seal of the kage’s office.

The mission was literally just petty theft for apparently no reason. In fact, the item to be stolen was not even specified in the mission scroll. Rather, the man had simply said that he needed an item of high value to be stolen and that it did not matter what said item was as long as it fit a particular price range. A very, very high price range. The young boy had already mentally gone through a few options in his head, selecting some small pieces of expensive jewelry or old heirlooms. Small things that would not attract a great deal of immediate attention if the items were to, say, simply walk off of their own accord and then find their way into the hands of this random man.

The older man, shadowy and with a face hidden behind a grand jester mask, demanded that the young genin memorize the details of the mission before embarking. After he had done so, the older man swiped the scroll back and placed it in one of his pockets, saying something about how it was best that the young boy not wander around with incriminating evidence before even enacting the heist. The young man shrugged his agreement. Honestly, it made pretty good sense. If someone were to randomly take the scroll from him he may find himself in trouble without having ever had done the crime. That would not be acceptable for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which was the lad’s desire to attain the rank of chunin.

The venue from which he was to swipe some expensive finery was one the young boy felt no familiarity with. Surely he had passed it more than once in the past, but the boy could not remember ever having actually entered the store. From his foggy memory of the place, it was located in a shopping district of town not frequented by those in possession of large supplies of legally acquired money. In essence, the whole place was shady and no one felt confident that anything they bought amongst the stands and stores had not been stolen from one of the neighboring villages. Still, the occasional trinket of a distant land did show up and many nobles sent their errand boys to fetch them these valuable trinkets.

The boy made his way quickly to the district and took to wandering about, examining many of the outdoor stands and a few of the indoor shops around the streets. On a two separate occasions he entered the store in which the heist was set to take place, the first entering with a small group and simply browsing and the second with a large crowd and taking a more vested interest in the wares the shop keeper was peddling. He set his sights on a few different objects, though one large, jewel encrusted brooch caught his eye immediately. He fought to keep his fingers still as he observed it. As it would appear, the necklace would fit the bill quite nicely and the boy exited the shop once more, wandering about and into an ally.

A simple transformation jutsu changed him into the likeness of a small girl and he entered into the shop once more with a crowd. As he looked about, he nicked the thing, his fingers moving as nimbly as they always did. He also picked up a small hairpin and made his way to the counter where he purchased the little hairpiece. From that point it was a simple jaunt back to the strange man with his newly found brooch.

Once more the youth found himself in one of the seedier back alleys of the great Village Hidden in the Leaves. These streets and side streets and tiny little branches off of the main veins of the village were not a new sight for him. He had traveled them many times in the past and would likely continue to travel them in the future. Certainly, in the present, he found himself traversing the hidden passages of the village on his way to meet a mysterious and apparently powerful man. He had done a mission for him previously, a simple trifle and little more, and he found himself once again meeting the man. Perhaps another mission? A short wait was all that was needed to find the answer to such a question.

He met the shady figure, found his temporary location at the meeting place courtesy of a message sent to him by an extremely young courier boy. The message was strange and cryptic, but certainly wanted the young boy to meet with this man once again. The mysterious older man spoke as the boy came closer, greeting him warmly and beginning some discussion about the business the two were to conduct. It seemed that the man once more needed some of his property reclaimed. A few of his wares had gone missing, stolen by some rival shopkeepers, and were not being displayed as their own items. The job was simple enough, requiring the young boy to simply steal back few odds and ends from some of the shops in a smaller shopping district not too far from here.

He spoke to the man a bit more, getting some details about the particulars of the items that he was to lift. After a time of talking, the young genin went off towards the shopping area in which the offending merchants had set up their shops. One of the merchants from which the boy had been given instructions to steal from was located in a large indoor market area, a store owned by, apparently, his father. However, he was the one who generally managed the place and kept things running smoothly on a day to day basis. As it would seem, he was also the one going out and stealing things from people that didn’t belong to him. The other merchant was much simpler, having just set up a small outdoor booth for the week at this location. The young boy set his eyes on the outdoor location first.

He moved around in the crowed, following some strangers sometimes and striking out on his own at other times. He would weave in and around his mark, scoping out the wares the man had set up and looking for the item in question. In this case, the stolen goods consisted of little more than a pair of gold rings set with some lovely square cut emeralds. The pieces were simple enough to spot and, conveniently, just out of the immediate eyesight of the street peddler. The young boy approached the stand, looking through a few things as some people next to him did the same, their hands running about the merchandise in a blur. A pair of golden rings, once plainly sitting out and ready for purchase, suddenly vanished as a young genin inquire about a silver necklace for a birthday present to a special girl.

One mark down and but one to go, the young man entered the indoor shop. This mark should, in all reality, be much simpler. Still, the first had been surprisingly easy, though in that case the market vendor had so many supplies that it was difficult for him to keep track of them all. This one may prove a bit more challenging, but the young boy had already formed a plan. The store was busy, filled with the milling shoppers as they looked from one curio to the next. As the young boy went about the store, casually glancing at a few things here, a spool of thread there, he came upon the small silver bracelet that he was to steal. No he just needed the most basic of distractions. As he wandered the store, a long necklace suddenly vanished only to reappear once again hanging out of the pockets of a shopper. In the ensuing chaos of accusations of thievery, stealing the bracelet was simple.

He had acquired his targets quite easily this time which, while nice, alarmed the boy a bit; could it be that he was being allowed to feel that he had gotten away with his actions and that, when he dropped his guard, someone would pounce upon him. Thus, in a moment of slight paranoia, he kept his wits sharp about him, paying hyper attention to his surroundings, which was saying something considering the amount of attention that he reflexively paid to his environment. His walk was, luckily, not a long one though and he would not need to keep up his vigilance for any extended period of time. Still, it was certainly good practice in the way of training and sharpening his mid.

Upon his return to the old man, now located in an entirely different alley way that either of the previous times the boy had encountered him, the pair stood there, doing nothing at all. Neither spoke to one another, neither looked at one another, and neither moved very close to one another. They, for all intents and purposes, chose instead to ignore one another almost entirely. The young boy looked about at the alley, this one in a much more affluent part of town and complete with decorative lantern at the entrance and exist. No one was about though, making it effectively hidden in the middle of an otherwise well to do business district.

After some time the older man approached his hired man, moving sideways towards him until he was simply rather close. Only then did they begin to speak, though they did so in quiet tones and as few a words as possible. The man concerned himself briefly with whether the boy had been followed or found, but it seemed quite obvious by now that he hadn’t. And so the two made the exchange, the younger boy handing over the prizes safely placed into a small envelope while the older man exchanged this for another envelope, this one filled with a healthy sum of money. Without further ado, they pair departed.

1809 | 3937
Exit

Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

PostSubject: Re: Mission Grind [Private]   Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 10:01 pm

He had done it. Gen was no longer merely a genin, no longer some mysterious whelp released unknowingly into the world of ninja fresh from the academy and ready for use by the village. No, he had proven himself, he had completed stupid and oftentimes demeaning missions. He had gone through an insane training regimen day in and day out, working himself ragged, expending chakra on an astounding scale, and imbibing new techniques and new knowledge at a rate that alarmed the few people around him that chose to pay him and his coming and goings any attention. But it had paid off. He had done it. He was free of the lowly life of a training ninja and was not permitted to be useful, to forge himself and his way in this world.

It was not all together odd, then, that he should receive a contact only a few days after his promotion. In fact, it would surprise no one to know that a newly promoted shinobi received calling to test his promotion in a practical sense. However, it may surprise some to find that such a calling came in such secrecy, and that it was anything other than the regular paper work that many chunin ended up doing. No, this may surprise some, but it was for Gen’s eyes and Gen’s eyes only; the packaging of the letter specifically said so.

The letter arrived to him in a crowd, materializing in the hustle and bustle of the coming and goings of the shifting masses. At first the young man thought that this was an accident, that someone had accidently let lose a letter otherwise intended for another and it just happened to find its way pressed to the man’s chest. That is, he thought that until he looked at the letter, creamy white and devoid of any markings or notations save a wax seal left totally blank and a the name “Yogensha” inscribed on the paper. Upon opening the note, there was nothing within other than the location of a nearby store, written in an easily legible but otherwise totally non-noteworthy script.

Entering the small shop, the young man would look around and, seeing nothing of import, would order a beverage at the counter. The place was well populated, not overly dense but also not utterly devoid of human life, and so the man selected one of the small tables to sit at and sip his coffee. After only a few minutes two men appeared at his table without warning, one seeming as though he had manifested directly onto the chair opposite the boy while the other moved in a more human way, opting to pull the chair out before sitting down. The second, while dressed just past the regular standard of nice for this district of the village, had a face that immediately cause the boy to recognize him. Rather than immediately react, however, he instead raised an eyebrow, took another sip of his drink, and flicked his eyes about the room. No one had reacted strangely to the presence of the men, which alarmed the boy a bit. He waited.

“We have taken a notice of you.” The first one, the inhuman one who materialized as though from the leather of the seat, said. He appeared to tread the line between glaringly conspicuous in how surreptitious he was in his dress and mannerism, though he managed to come off as more cautious than anything. He did not move at all when he spoke and did not in any way avert his eyes from Gen. “We have a proposition.”

Gen simply kept an eye raised and looked pointedly around the room before resting his eyes back upon the man before him. The second one spoke up then, “Oh, it’s best to hold these matters in large spaces. No one here will pay attention to use so long as we aren’t yelling.” He smiled a genuinely warm smile that managed to reach his eyes.

“Yes yes, now to business. We have brought this one here, Shakou, to affirm our connection with you. You have already worked with us, we have paid you well. Your trust should not become an issue, and we, again, have some additional work which requires your unique skills. You are interested?” He continued to stare forward, entirely unmoving until he suddenly gripped a mug and brought it to his mouth, his eyes never wavering from the man before him.  

The other man let his smile fade a bit before he spoke. “What he means to say is that you did well in your previous assignments, the ones in which you helped me relocate some of my missing property, yes? We have some more matters that need attending to and, as my partner said, we think you could help us.” Gen simply nodded at this, allowing the other man to continue speaking. “We are, as you may have guessed, a bit bigger than one may otherwise initially assume. And we have some special interests in and around the country. Nothing that would require speaking of at this time, but you understand. I’m quiet sure that we will meet again.”

With that, the strange pairing got up and promptly left, both of them freely discarding of their half drank drinks and strolling casually out the door whereupon they were swallowed up by the crowd. Puzzled for the briefest of moment, Gen looked back at the table and noticed a small slip of paper folded up beneath the mug that the first man had been drinking from. He grabbed the paper and unfolded it, reading the short note, a list more than anything, which simply had a few locations outside the village – neighboring villages and small town – and a few objects. A scroll present in a local museum, some odd artifact in a far off town, and even a collection of land deeds in a village not far off from this. These seemed a bit odd but it was clear that these two wanted the boy to retrieve some or all of these items for them. Having little else to do, the young man finished his drink, disposed of the paper, and set off to investigate.

Perhaps the strangest part of this whole encounter was not the request, not the promise of a large sum of money, and not the oddness of having met the two, but rather the lack of information on which he had to go. Sure, he knew where it was he was to go, but he had no knowledge of the military force of these other villages, of the guards that may be positioned to protect these things, or why it was that he should be stealing them. The last qualm was, of course, a smaller one; it was oft not the place of a shinobi of any rank to ask why he or she was sent on a particular mission. And so he departed without delay, exiting the village in a visit to a neighboring one where he would, presumably, acquire a terribly ancient scroll in a local museum.

The village that he arrived at later that day was one of the larger of the surrounding areas with a population comparable to the legendary Village Hidden in the Leaves. That said, their military force was, naturally, almost nonexistent as per the deal that the aforementioned legendary village would provide the military force for the entirety of the nation. The village, being a large one, still employed a kind of police force of its own, but they did not have professionally training shinobi flocking all about the village and, as a result, this should not make for too difficult of an extraction.

Gen entered the village garbed in a simple civilian attire, clad in a pale green shirt with an overlaying navy jacket, plain pants, and a pair of practical shoes. He looked the part of a random civilian perfectly and thus simply strolled down the main street of the village. He located the museum quickly but detoured himself as he made a trip to the local market, buying a random snack that he had little interest in but that allowed him to better scope out the layout of the village and the security that paroled the perimeters. A relatively large amount of guards were present at the market, one of the largest in the country, which meant that the museum in question should logically have fewer guards.

He trekked over to the house of his prize and entered, fumbling good naturedly as he seemed to forget that no food or drink were allowed on the tour. Disposing of his recently purchased snack, the boy would partake on the tour of the museum. The place was dedicated mainly to a living historical account of the nation at large with a particular exhibit for the advent of the shinobi way of life. This exhibit was neither terribly accurate as to what a ninja could and could not do nor did it contain a wealth of information on the lives of shinobi, but it did contain a scroll, old and dusty and cracked at the edges, that would soon be found missing.

While on the tour, the boy divided his attention. On the one had he was listening, at least some of the time, to the overly enthusiastic tones of the man giving the tour as he prompted them to ooh and aw and take pictures at certain locations. Gen avoided all of those. On the other hand, he paid close attention to those people in the shadows of the museums, to the curators and custodians and the other patrons looking at everything. Guards were present, but they were few and bored. Likely the only things they stopped were random acts of childish vandalism and perpetual attempt by patrons to bring in chewing gum and candy. They would not be much of a problem at all.

Still, underestimating them would be foolish and attempting to steal the scroll in plain sight in the middle of the day would be even more foolish. As the tour ended, the young man would depart to roam the city at random until it got later, until the darkness fell and the town flicked on string lights and paper lanterns and held their nightly summer outdoor bazaar and dance, another tourist attraction that this particular village was widely known for. Gen wove throughout the crowd, waiting for the correct time to strike. As it were, the museum had already closed and only one small light remained on in the main entrance of the building. Gen bought a replica collector’s item of a real shinobi training scroll from a local craft booth and excused himself from the chaos happening outside to one of the public restrooms.

He entered the small area and went to a stall. No one was currently there and he would need but a moment to vanish entirely. He had a technique just perfect for such a time and, with the completion of a single hand seal, the young man would fade from view before vanishing entirely. This ability to become totally invisible at any time would doubtlessly come in handy in many situations. It just so happened that this mission was one that would perfectly allow for a demonstration of the powers of invisibility. He stood in the bathroom, invisible for a while, until another gentleman decided to enter, upon which the younger man would slip out through the now opened door, taking every precaution to ensure that nothing at all seemed off about this night over any other night.

He would then simply make his way off to the museum, leaping up onto one of the nearby rooftops and trekking over to where the old building stood. He was careful to be quiet of course, but such a precaution was hardly necessary. Considering the absurd noise of the food and dancing at the mini fair taking place behind him, no one would hear footsteps anyway, though of course there was no one about to hear footsteps in the first place. As he approached the building from which he would pluck the scroll he needed, he took a moment to scope the area out, noting that only a singular person, a man, guarded the front entrance to the museum. Reaching out with his chakra, the young man found that he could sense no other presences at all. Odd that his employers would be so willing to pay a good chunk of money for a mission that seemed so simple at the current time.

The young man slipped up to the building with ease, not a soul being found on the street off which the museum had been built. He paced the perimeter a final time, ensuring that no one had slipped his observances. As it would appear, there truly was only the single guard working at a kind of check point of the desk near the entrance to the building. The remaining entrances, such as windows and the like, were sealed up tight, but, as luck would have it, the ground was not restricted in such a manner. No chakra barrier of any sort existed to protect the museum, which did not surprise the young thief. It did reassure him though; if no chakra construct had been constructed to obstruct him, it was logical to figure that no ninjas of any merit would be present either.

A simple technique, one that allowed a ninja to swim through the ground as easily as a fish, would allow an efficient and easy means of entrance. The boy would more or less just slip, invisibly, into the earth below him and swim underneath the museum, not breaching the surface until already inside the building. Remembering the general layout of the inside of the museum ensured that the young man would surface in a small restroom near the exhibit which housed the scroll that he needed. Upon surfacing, he would remain still for a time, listening to anyone who may be about within the museum and, upon hearing no one, he would exit.

Invisibility was, perhaps above all else, silly. It was silly that he could simply meander this repository of history without being seen, even were someone to be looking right at him. It was silly  that his presence would leave no discernable trace, not even a smudge on the film of the surveillance equipment that the museum had notably not invested in. What was not silly was that this ease would not be available to all. Not everyone knew this technique. In fact, few did. What was not silly was that this organization which currently employed the boy seemed to know that Gen would have been the perfect choice for what they needed. It wasn’t silly at all, it was a bit alarming.

Still, his job needed doing and he was already here, already had a decoy, already was in a position to swipe the scroll and cash in his prize, so it would make little sense for him not to. He’d come all this way, after all. The boy moved up towards the small podium, a glass box resting above the scroll in question, and looked from it to the scroll that he had. The new one, the replacement, was not entirely accurate in its replication and didn’t look quite as old at a close inspection, but it would do for at least the better part of a day or so, after which Gen would already be long gone.  Breathing in deeply, the boy would remove the glass container, setting it gently upon the ground, and would switch the two scrolls, ensuring to place the original in a small cardboard tube for safe keeping. Then all that was left was to replace the glass case and be on his way.

The same way of exit would be used, diving deep within the earth, though once he had dove into the liquid like mess of ground he would end his technique which allowed for invisibility, no longer needing to remain hidden from any prying eyes. The cover of the earth would serve that purpose just fine. At his exit, he would not emerge in the same location he had chosen to enter, but rather would continue swimming away for a long while, escaping off beyond the edges of the village and into the night. Only once he was sure that he was free, sure that he was safe and could no longer feel the tread of feet above or behind him, would he emerge from the ground and into the night.

Not a soul shifted about the now abandoned roads of the country side and so the young man walked on, his prize stored safely in its tube and in a small bag on his back. He briefly considered returning to the village but then recalled the sheet of paper he’d been given, thinking back to the locations from which his employers needed various objects. There was one location on the way that he could also hit, a very small personal estate near this village, home to a major land baron who apparently owned at least two villages and a mind blowing amount of the crop land in the area. In addition to this, he had his own private armed guards and had begun to levy certain increased fees and taxes against some of the local farmers. What were worse were his alleged demands against the Hidden Leaf Village. While not directly attempting to succeed from the nation or anything, he wanted to pay less and less taxes and the council members found their hands tied, not able to order the full scale invasion of his property and risk a peasant’s revolt.

He also had a daughter. She, as it turned out, was the mark. Or rather, a lock of her hair was what the boy was to take. The message here could not be more obvious: this organization could strike him, his servants, and even that which he held in the highest esteem – his own daughter – at any time and without warning. The boy turned over the small square of paper upon which had been molded a blank wax seal, the card he was to leave next to the daughter’s bedside table. He looked up at the sky, at the moon and the clouds and the darkness, and figured that he could afford this slight detour. They paid so well, after all.

Infiltrating the place was simple, to say the least; even a professionally trained regiment of armed guards could not hope to catch an approaching ninja who traveled beneath the earth. Slipping past the small patrol who walked the grounds in the dead of night was no feet at all, Gen simply feeling them as the marched about above him. He could attack them, if he really wanted to, but such an act would serve no purpose and either way would likely upset his employers. So a stealthy approach would be the route taken, and the young man was in no way upset about this; if things could be done with stealth and precision rather than with mass destruction, he saw no reason to choose the latter.

In only a short time he found himself beneath the house proper, just outside of which he would breach the surface after once more cloaking himself in a layer of invisibility. He came up in a small garden, near a sitting bench. Looking up, he saw a few windows, one of which he would enter in to. He had no idea where the girl’s room was, but he figured that it was not on the ground floor, an assumption backed by his peering into a few windows on the ground floor and finding only a massive dining room, a vast kitchen, and numerous sitting areas for the entertaining of guests, by the look of them.

And so he would simply scale the building, affixing chakra to his hands and feet which would in turn affix him to the side of the structure. Upon reaching the windows, he would look in, finding a collection of bedroom, bathrooms, a room filled with potted plants, and a couple rooms which seemed to serve no purpose at all. He chose one of the bedrooms, an unoccupied one, and unlatched the window before slipping quietly inside.

Rather than interesting or intense or thrilling, searching for the proper room was quite boring. Almost none of the rooms in the house were fully closed and, as he searched, Gen found more and more that those that were closed were sealed off as an indication of having rarely been used. Thus, he searched through the house, peering into the half ajar doors of the room until he came across a large room filled with all manner of toys and cloths and mirrors. It looked to be the room of a young princess who was given everything she could dream of, an assumption that likely was not off the mark.

No guards roamed the innards of the house and so the job was easy. The girl slept through the night, hardly even shifting when a knife would cut off a small lock of her hair, and Gen left the small calling card on her nightstand just next to a decorative lamp she had. Then he simply retraced his steps, exited the window, and sunk once more into the ground. As before, he would flee the scene quickly and not emerge until he was far away from the scene of his actions. Now, all that remained was the matter of his payment, and as such he hurried back to the village and to his employers.

Exit
Words: 3625
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

PostSubject: Re: Mission Grind [Private]   Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 5:55 pm

The man from before, the one who gave him the original directives to acquire a certain collection of objects of his that were missing, was in a different place as of now. The previous meeting place, a small café off of a well traveled but not overly busy shopping distract of the village, was no longer a prime spot to meet it would seem. Instead, he sent word to the young man under his employment that they would be meeting at a much nicer place: a restaurant in a well to do local within the village frequently populated by some of the wealthiest politicians and business tycoons in the whole country. It was said that this place of fine dining was where most of the negotiations and under the table deals related to trade tariffs and shipping costs were made. It was weird, to say the least, that Gen had been instructed to attend this location for a meeting with people concerned with his work as a ninja and a glorified thief.

But attend that location he did. The boy entered dressed nicely, sporting a white suit jacket and matching pants and a fully black undershirt and tie. He was not overly dressed, not absurdly flashy, but also not shabby enough to attract an unreasonable amount of attention. He would be seen, most certainly, and people would notice his presence and gossip about it without fail, but it would not be any sort of attention the boy or his employer would be worried about. The people could talk, if they wanted, but their business and their conversation would remain in secret, just the way that both of the parties involved in the trade would prefer it.

When he arrived, a table was already reserved and set for him, his previous contact currently enjoying a glass of what appeared to be sake next to another man, different than the one from the café, sat idly, responding to certain comments made and taking small bites of rice from bowl in the center of the table. Gen approached, was immediately welcomed, and sat down. He was told that they had already ordered a wide spread of dishes, surly he would not mind terribly, and that their food should arrive shortly. In the mean time the now trio continued chatting about random village information and occurrences.

The food arrived a time later, though a time long enough that Yogensha would be tempted to call it anything but a short while. Regardless, a huge spread arrived at the table on arm and hand of a veritable army of waiters and waitresses, each carrying a plate larger and more absurd looking at last. Gen felt a cool drip of confusion run through him. Why did these people want to display such obvious wealth? Was it intimidation? A means of coercing him into continuing to work for them? A bit of both, perhaps? Or was it something else entirely? The young boy could not be sure, but he kept his guard up either way, preparing for the worst though not fully expecting it.

A bit into the meal the group dynamic shifted minimally, the air chilling a bit and losing some of the free and flowing mirth from before. Business had set in. The conversation of his findings quickly rounded to the actual results of his quest. The implored him to produce the scroll in question and he promptly did so, removing form his coat pocket a rather uncomfortablely cylindrical tube which housed the ancient scroll the organization needed. He handed it over to the unfamiliar man who opened the contained are peered within for an amazingly short amount of time, seeming almost as if he could care less about the scroll. His lack of interest briefly alarmed the younger man until it was once more his turn to speak up, taking advantage of a small lull in the conversation as the man replaced the lid of the storage container and slid it into his bag.

“There is something else, as well, that I think will please you,” Yogensha offered to the deadening conversation. The man who now had the scroll raised an eyebrow, the most interest he’d shown thus far in the night, and the man opposite him openly questioned the boy.

“Come now, do tell. You will, however, understand that there are certain delicate matters, such as the exact nature of the scroll and the like, that we will not be able to tell you. I hope that does not create any sort of rift between us.” The man smiled politely.

Gen simply smirked a bit, shaking his head a touch before speaking once more. “No, it isn’t anything like that. I actually have something else for you, another prize, if you wanted to call it that. The list that you showed me, the one I was to select something from and find for you. Well, I found another one of those things on my way back and thought it may interest you.” He looked on, feeling a bit of nerves flow through him. While he doubted that they would be upset, he could never be sure. It had not been specified that he shouldn’t acquire a second mark, but they had not explicitly told him to do so either, so it was possible that they would be a bit upset.

The man opposite him deepened his grin, his eyes glinting ever so slightly, and the other man simply allowed both of his eyebrows to shoot up near his hairline. The more overtly excited man spoke once more. “Oh ho ho, what ever did you manage to find now? Do tell, do show us, do share.” He seemed anything other than angry, so Gen felt a moment of reassurance before reaching into his sleeve and withdrawing a small, plastic bag from a pocket there. The bag contained a medium lock, perhaps four to six inches, of pitch dark hair. The hair had been cut only the night before from a small girl, the daughter of a powerful and wealthy land baron quite near a neighboring trade village. He handed over the bag.

The eyes of both of his fellow dinner goers lit up, both staring intently for a moment at the bag before the quieter one grabbed the bag and look very intently on it, looking up after a moment to his partner and giving an almost imperceptible nod. It seemed that this little prize was even better news that the boy had even hopped to dream of and he felt himself smile inwardly. The dinner, from that point on, continued in a rather uneventful fashion until desert came. The simple fact that desert came managed to impress the chunin a fare bit as he was generally unaccustomed to such free and almost irresponsible spending. Regardless, when the sweets and treats arrived, a bit more business came out as well.

“So we’ve been thinking,” said the man who seemed to be the mouthpiece of this organization. Them thinking was odd, considering that they had actually spent almost the entire meal not speaking to one another, but the young boy let it slide. “We’ve been thinking, and we feel that it would be beneficial for us to continue business. You clearly are skillful in a way that works for and with our special interests and we happen to think that you show a fair bit of initiative. Additionally, you seem to have a great sense of discretion at your disposal which, considering your age, is unusual, to say the least, and frankly impressive and enticing, to say a bit more. We would like if you could go and acquire some other things from us from a rather small village in the far north of this country.”

“The bank notes?” Yogensha would interject, recalling the information from the sheet he’d been given the previous day and subsequently destroyed.

“Why… yes, actually. The bank notes. I see we shall need even less prepping than I had initially thought. Well, by all means, if you have any questions about the matter, feel free to ask now, otherwise I think it’s best for us to depart as of now.” The trio remained silent for a time, Gen thinking to himself about what he may need to know. Again, as with the previous missions, this one seemed rather self explanatory and, aside from a total need of absolute secrecy, not terribly difficult. No, he decided there was nothing more that he needed to know and shook his head. The other man beamed. “Most excellent. Most excellent in deed. Well, we shall see you at a later date then. And, of course, take as much time as you need; your previous assignments were quite quick, but no need to move with unnecessary haste. Discretion above all else, right?” The pair stood as one, dabbing at their mouths with their napkins. “We bid you best of luck and hope to be in touch.”

Gen followed the two after the briefest of moments, rising to meet them and giving them a small half bow. As they left so did he, the trio each moving away in different directions. For today, Yogensha decided on some rest and forethought, but come tomorrow he would be off to acquire some more valuables for his clients. He headed away, alone, back to his home and his clan compound, all ready racing through the possibilities of the day to come. Perhaps, if he timed it correctly, he could enter the city with a trade caravan and save himself some unnecessary walking in the mean time.

Words: 1606
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

PostSubject: Re: Mission Grind [Private]   Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 6:27 pm

He had to, of course, prior to doing anything else, begin his day in much the same way as he normally did,  first rising from his bed to take a nice, warm, long, and totally comfortable shower. He then moved on to dress himself, today selecting a simple, very dark green shirt with no particular markings at all as well as some simple pants which would not inhibit his movement or training and a pair of simple black shoes that would allow him freedom of motion. He then went on with the rest of his day, going to grab some food, today a breakfast of a few fried eggs over top some nice and delicious rice, and got some stuff to drink as well, opting for some hot tea today rather than plain water or anything of the like. He then went off to brush his teeth before deciding that he was officially read to leave and begin a day filled to the very top of the brim with a new and important mission of his own decisions and his own doing.

His plan from the day prior to hitchhike a ride to the distant village on one of the trade carts was a smashing success. He simply posed as some hired muscle who needed no pay and no particular accommodations other than the occasional spot in the wagon and bam, he was in. The whole day passed without any great event to tell of, though the slowly passing scenery was amazing and breathtaking in its beauty. The Land of Fire had never been overly known for sweeping vistas or lovely scenes like the Land of Lighting could boast and their beaches were not bathed in a perpetually mysterious and hauntingly alluring mists like the Land of Water, but the seemingly endless plains, the vast forests, the lovely and expansive greenery truly was something to wonder about. And as they got further and further north, the green gave way to rocky expanses as though they had crossed into the Land of Earth and mountains began to prevail. They began as short, stunted little outcroppings and then quickly grew into titans with heads reaching into the clouds, covered with snow and made tiny by their sheer distance. It was here that his mark rested, here where a tiny village existed at the foot of one of the mountain passes.

It was said that this village had found something special in the mountains, some spirit or god that allowed them to create some of the most lovely, intricate, and astounding works of metal in the nation and, perhaps, in the world. It could be true or false, but regardless of the validity of the claim, the people of this small village certainly had a way with metal working that would make even the greatest of blacksmiths jealous. They also, as fate would have it, possessed an understandably large purse and an obnoxiously independent streak. In most every political affair, they opposed the strength and wisdom of the Village Hidden in the Leaves almost as a matter of principle, always holding out until the last possible moments to cast their vote in favor of the village’s plans, if they cast their vote at all. Frequently they could not even be bothered to show up meetings at all, much to the aggravation of the delegates of Konohagakure.

His task was a simple one: the acquisition of a collection of bank ledgers which not only housed insanely valuable information on the money and productivity of the small village, but also contained a great deal of personal information on the best blacksmiths they had. Certainly such information would be of value to any organization, but what was even more interesting was some of the suspect that existed around the inner financial workings of the village. It was not an uncommon or even an unpopular opinion that the village was fudging numbers to avoid the taxes imposed on everyone in the country, particular those that came with trade tariffs and the preference given to local farmers and craftsmen. These bank ledgers should, in all reality, clear up the air on the whole matter.

And so, when night fell, the young boy when about his usual business. He returned to the trade caravan as though he were departing and, upon exiting the perimeter of the city, doubled back by means of his underground fish projection technique. Again, this village was under manned and under protected, due in part to the relative state of chaos the whole world had currently found itself within and also because of the fact that it so often and so strongly opposed to the decisions of the military power of the nation. But this allowed the boy rather simple egress into the village, the bank, and the vault which held the ledgers. In fact, the trip to the village and the subsequent trip away from it was likely of more interest than the simplistic nature of his mission, though this was likely due, of course, to his particular skillset that landed him this job in the first place.

Exit

Words: 854

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

PostSubject: Re: Mission Grind [Private]   Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 7:34 pm

Upon returning to the village with the dubiously acquired bank notes, Yogensha, the prodigal chunin would meet back up with his colleges, this time with much less circumstance and pomp. No, this time they simply met in an alley and a rather dingy one at that. In fact, his regular contact was not even present, though in all likelihood his repeated presence was likely only a matter of trust building. The organization knew they had him now, and even if they did not, he’d already done useful work in a timely matter for him, so they would be out very little. No, the two, the young man and the organization to which he was employed, had acquired a kind of knowledge, an agreement of a robust and business like nature. Gen had no particular reason to sever such a connection, especially with how useful it was to him.

And so, in the small alley with another man who the young boy had never seen, he would turn over his prize, the small collection of bank notes which did, in fact, prove that the government of the village in question had been essentially cheating on their taxes. Gen shrugged a bit as he watched the other man walk away, opting to stay in the alley for a few minutes himself. He didn’t really much care for the macro politics of some random village cheating on their taxes, and so handing over this kind of information didn’t really phase him in the slightest. After waiting for a while he strolled away, heading to the council’s message board wherein hung a collection of missions to be taken. The kid needed a bit of extra cash and, as a ninja, this was his livelihood.

He selected one almost at random, grabbing at the box which denoted the B ranked missions. The one he acquired revealed that someone had apparently gone missing. Well, technically, that wasn’t entirely fair: a boy had left the village to acquire some form of refuge and had yet to return. As such, it now fell to Gen to go find this would be deserter and either bring him back or, if the boy could not be reasoned with, eliminate the threat to the village. Aside from the regular concerns of a missing ninja accidentally dying somewhere and forking over special information on the village, the lad could very likely do a wealth of damage should he decide to act against the village. It was, again, Gen’s job to ensure this doesn’t happen.

From the last seen location, Gen was able to pick up a chakra trail. From here on out, the mission could be smooth sailing, though the young man suspected otherwise. While yes, he would be able to locate this runaway with his ability to trail him based on his unique chakra signature, suspected that simply talking would not alieve this situation. He had, quite simply, a bad feeling, though it mattered little as he moved quietly through the forest, trailing the older boy.

It did not take him long to find the camp site that the escaped ninja had created. The boy was there, standing, and at the ready, eyes locked with the chunin sent to acquire him. He looked alert, if a bit harried and worse for wear after having spent a few days out in the wild, but he was certainly not out of shape or injured. This boded both good and bad; good, if the boy would listen to reason, but bad if he would not. With the beginning of what could loosely be considered a conversation, it seemed that the latter was much more likely in store.

“What the hell are you doing here. You can’t make me come back.”

Gen rolled his eyes, holding his hands up as he spoke. “Listen, you and I both know that you have two options. One, you can come back with me, no hassle, apologize, and make amends to the village. Nothing dreadful or anything, and it’s still possible that you become promoted. Two, you can fight me and, regardless of my victory or potential death, forever brand yourself as a missing ninja, sword enemy of the village and the state, to be hunted down until the end of your days, slain, and disposed of. The choice, as you will find, is entirely yours.”

It went about as well as Gen had initially thought. The boy, in a fit of rage, uttered a terrible sound as he withdrew a kunai and chucked it at his opposition’s head. Yogensha, quick on the draw and prepared, dove to the side, rolling once and righting himself quickly and just in time to see the other boy charging forward, having nothing moving in the way of chakra. This, combined with his relatively low chakra pool, would indicate that he was a practitioner of taijutsu, something Gen was not intimately skilled with but also, obviously, knew of. The effort would be in vain as Gen would already begin the weaving of s short string of seals, his ability completing just as his adversary flung himself forward to deliver what looked to be a powerful kick.

Gen’s mouth opened and out emerged a giant of stone, instantly forming and flooding outward, hand first, to grab the missing ninja’s leg. An increase of pressure would snap the limb and, within a few moment, the golem had fully incapacitated the enemy, holding him both still and broken in its giant hands. It followed obediently behind its master as it brought back the soon to be punished missing ninja.

Words: 933

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

PostSubject: Re: Mission Grind [Private]   Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 3:40 pm

The young boy who most commonly went by the name of Gen would complete his morning ritual as seemed to be his way as of late, first rising from his bed to take a nice, warm, long, and totally comfortable shower. He then moved on to dress himself, today selecting a simple, very dark green shirt with no particular markings at all as well as some simple pants which would not inhibit his movement or training and a pair of simple black shoes that would allow him freedom of motion. He then went on with the rest of his day, going to grab some food, today a breakfast of a few fried eggs over top some nice and delicious rice, and got some stuff to drink as well, opting for some hot tea today rather than plain water or anything of the like. He then went off to brush his teeth before deciding that he was officially read to leave and begin a day filled to the very top of the brim with a great deal of mostly nothingness as he had yet to have any assignments and still was not ready to begin any training for the time being that of the current present moment.

The day progressed as many others: white, surrounded in an empty mist; slow, the product of a relentless devotion to training of an art appreciated by few and understood by fewer; and boring, the endless monotony of a world at peace. Ninja, this noble profession of subterfuge and assassination, of shadows and schemes, held sway no longer in the world. Even the recent assault on the villages by the apparently deranged constituents of the Village Hidden in the Stone could not, as it seemed, shake the world from its peace, their sudden resurgence sending only the smallest of ripples in the homogenized ocean of bland, boring peace in which the world had submersed itself. The life of a warrior had no meaning, had not had meaning for such a long time.

And so it surprised Yogensha, a young, capable, devastatingly intelligent shinobi, when he received word from the Daimyo’s assistant. The scroll, delivered by a young scribe bearing the look of a person wholly out of his comfort, outlined a simple looking mission, though one requiring the utmost secrecy. Apparently, even the Daimyo himself had no idea that his assistant had ordered such a mission enacted, refusing to listen to his right hand man’s words of caution. And so, the infiltration and extraction of information from a strange nightclub located deep in the land of fire fell to Gen. A ninja, an aspring ANBU, an assassin by trade and training and choice, and a master of illusions, he harbored no doubt in his ability to swiftly and easily carry out such a task.

The mission says you are to use your good looks and charm to infiltrate the club. I don’t think you fit the bill on that one. Good looks have never been your strong suit and you have to tact. Rather it may be easier to… well… storm the castle? The place will be crawling with weaklings, drunk on both their stupidity and liquor, and we could erase them easily. Threat eliminated before it even begins. Think of how much time we would save for the Daymio, think of the money he could spend on other things if he does not have to employ you for a follow up mission. He could buy some flowers, or another palace, or maybe even another private island.

“I highly doubt all of that. Other than the lack of tact I guess. And the ease of killing them.” The man paused as he walked, drawing ever closer to the nightclub at an unhurried pace. The day still shone with the lights of a strong sun. The night would not fall for some time and there was therefore no rush. “Ok… if we were sent to a different country to spy on these people, yeah, sure, we could just kill everyone in our path. But I think the Council of the Leaf would have us killed, or at least try to, if we started terrorizing the peasants of this country. Plus, if we kill everyone we probably won’t get paid. And I like money. I have things that need purchasing.”

The beast, resting in the man’s body and mind, rumbled, breathing with the tides and disrupting the gentle in and out of the flow with his mild discontentment. The council of the leaf is a bloated collection of greedy, self-satisfying morons bent only on their own power at best and a collection of incompetent fool at worst. They fraternize with the most unsavory of crowds, giving themselves freely to any wonton common criminal who knocks at their bedchambers. And that was… fair enough. Truthful and to the point. Shinobi, contrary to popular belief held by many, actually did talk. Also contrary to popular belief, Gen was more than capable of talking. He also possessed an immense propensity for fooling people. All part of being the self-proclaimed most powerful illusionist to walk the earth.

Regardless, he needed to leave. The mission would not do itself and he, wanting of money and power and connections with important people of the nation, would be the one to do the village. So he left, walking out of the walls of the Village Hidden in the Leaf and out into the unknown of the country side.

The day slunk by with intermittent conversations, occurring between some rather fantastic events. A giant flood erased a huge portion of the surrounding landscape as he walked, bringing with it a whale that, in the roiling onslaught of the sea, crushed and utterly destroyed a small village through which the dark haired man had only recently passed. The floods abated as quickly as they arrived, leaving only the residual damp and a dense, darkly colored fog. A traveling band of merchants found themselves crossing paths amiably with the young man, though a pack of gilled wolves soon came upon them, clawing and biting into soft flesh and leaving a veritable disaster in their wake. The throats of the team, children and all, bore a startling resemblance to an assault by blade, though such indicated only the sharpness of the gnashing teeth of the animals.

Night having finally fallen, the young man walked up the nightclub, a ramshackle looking building from the outside, all sheet metal and scraps of wood held together in the most poorly constructed manner possible. Two guards stood in front of the only apparent entrance, hulking men with wide bellies and necks as thick as their shoulders. Brutes. The appeared phenomenally unintelligent and would be simple, swift kills. But such murder was not on the menu for today’s activities. Rather, Gen had dressed himself in black shirt and dark blue jacket, blending in with those in attendance. Holding a small mirror as he approached, a small work of illusion would bend is features ever so slightly, giving him the tiniest hint of radiant glow about his figure. This small trick would allow him to look almost unearthly beautiful, but not to such an extent that anyone would be alarmed at just how beautiful he looked.

The guards were not pleased at all with the newcomer, but he had met another group moments before entering. Three young women, astoundingly annoying in their endless giggling and overuse of makeup and obsession with a sickening amount of overly sweet smelling perfume. They proved the perfect pass for the spy. Having clearly already indulged more than necessary, the girls concerned themselves much more with getting to this drinking establishment than anything else, though they were more than happy to pause for a pretty face. Flirting overtly with the young man, the girls were taken in quickly by Gen’s “charm,” consisting primarily of him smiling a lot and laughing at everything the girls said. Needless to say, ingratiating himself with this gaggle of giggling fools proved no challenge at all, and it may even be possible for him to ride their wake into the club and avoid any sort of conflict whatsoever.

And so the guards were not please, but the girls were, and they, being regulars, seemed to have enough sway to get the black haired green eyed boy into the club. They insisted on showing him off immediately upon entry, making a huge deal of the new guy they had found and making up extravagant stories as to how and where they met him and why he was so amazing. In the retellings, his profession and place of residence changed about fifteen times, surrounding him in an aura of mystery far more effective than the simple aura of brightness caused by his illusion. While popular, he also became entirely unknowable by the sheer number of absurdities floating around about him.

The patrons quickly found themselves infatuated with the newcomer. The females of the club – as well as some of the males - for the most part, desired him, and those who didn’t desired to know more about his intriguing and mercurial backstory. The men, leery at first to speak to a new face so popular among the ladies, quickly identified his as both nonthreatening and of good humor, thanks to a few jokes and slight of hands thrown here and there. Truly, while he abhorred the entirety of the situation, Yogensha was quite skilled at fitting in to most any scenario or situation. And it certainly didn’t hurt his cause knowing that most everyone here had drank far too much.

After spending a handful of moments in the club, Gen identified the entrance to the back area, the fabric comprising the upholstery of the furniture, the people on whom he needed to spy, the location of the drinks, and woman around whom the targets of his eavesdropping hung. Befriending the favored ladies of his marks became the goal upon entry, though it did not prove much of a challenge. Considering their likely profession, they were rather open to meeting new people, particularly males, and they soon found his chuckle-filled, tipsy but not sloppy persona much to their liking. Eventually the more wealthy patrons, those he needed to ingratiate himself to, would take note that their girls were talking to this rather goofy kid. The wait took less time than expected.

The men, having consulted with Gen’s newfound friends, called the boy over. In all, they seemed rather relaxed, though one of them, appearing to be a kind of second in command, seemed less than thrilled at his presence. Jealousy, most likely. “It seems you’ve met some of our… associates here. The girls tell me you’re quite the charmer.” The man directly opposed Gen spoke. He was clearly the authority and would be making the call as to whether they allowed Gen in on their little meeting, a meeting that Gen very much needed to be let in on. With the out flux of a hint of chakra, Gen would blush deeply, his face clashing wonderfully with his hair and eyes.

“Oh no, no. I’m sorry if I offended anyone. I’m new here and was just looking for some people to talk to. They were very nice and funny, so I ended up chatting with them for a while.”

“Well how about you talk to us for a bit.” The man did not inflect a question into his statement, leaving no room for argument. Then again, Gen had always wanted this invitation, so things were going well thus far. He shuffled for a moment, his eyes widening a bit in mock wonder, before nodding to the other man and infusing just enough over eagerness to maintain the appearance of someone who did not know quite what he was doing.

The conversation from this point onward became a bit easier with only a few tricky points. In particular, breeching the subject of the back room seemed to be the most unapproachable topic, but as it turns out they frequently retreated to do some private, off-the-books gambling away from the eyes of your average customer. After learning that Gen was more than just some boy toy for their favored concubines, the men lightened up a bit, talking business and beer with the young munitions dealer. That lie sealed the deal. Who, in planning a coup, couldn’t use a bit of extra fire power?

The backroom gambling proved simple enough, Gen losing for the most part but always keeping enough money to stay in, the perks of being able to freely change the appearance of any cards on the table. If he desperately needed an ace, well… an ace tended to be the next card he drew. Eventually a few of the group, those in the most obvious roles of authority, excused themselves, ending the game. The remaining friends and acquaintances trickled out, Gen included, until he felt a hand upon him, the leader asking him if he might join them, as they could use a man of his background. The dark haired boy accepted awkwardly, nodding and saying he would love to, his voice devoid of the appropriate somber tone.

From this point on, the conversation confirmed every fear and suspicion held by Daimyo’s assistant. Certainly an attempt on the Daimyo’s life was at hand and Gen needed to swiftly relay the information to the assistant. The meeting concluding, then Yogensha relayed his contact information and methods of finding him, referring to a warehouse that sold fish in a small port town a ways away from the establishment, assuring them that the fish market was simply a cover for some of his more “morally questionable” endeavors. With that, he needed only stumble his way a safe distance away from the club before speeding back to Daimyo. His speed astounded all as he flew away to relay the information that he had recently received, locks of dark, black hair streaming behind him like a collection of thin rivers as he went.

The boy met no opposition between the club and his home village, arriving late in the night and immediately calling upon the assistant in his personal chambers. Once the information had been properly relayed, the actual preparations of protection were both simple and totally dismissed the fact that Gen even existed. Still, he got his money and a very war thank you from the assistant, so at least there was that.
Exit

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

PostSubject: Re: Mission Grind [Private]   Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 2:49 am

Flashback

The young boy had finally started ranking up and moving up in the ninjaworld, though such movements certainly were small and incremental. No more was he required to take care of small children, no longer did he have to put up with angry old men and their obsession with drinking various kinds of foreign alcohol, and he certainly should not ever have to go searching randomly around village to find a foolish businessman’s misplaced papers. With any luck, these upcoming missions would also not require him to repeat himself over and over. He still could not fathom how so many people in the village could misplace so many things, especially children. How on earth did this village even function at such a rate? And where on earth would they be without ninja to help out these poor foolish civilians?

But now he had a new mission, a C ranked mission, and the days of lowly D ranked missions were now far behind him. Now he was ascending to the proper ranks of a real ninja and he would be relied upon by the village to complete more complex and difficult missions without always relying on a squad to back him up. This was, mostly, not any sort of surprise or change from the norm as he had yet to be assigned to a proper three man squad, but still, the thought was there. He withdrew the small mission scroll from a pocket in the inner lining of his jacket and looked it over a few times. The mission seemed simplistic enough, he needed only to locate some strange urn and destroy it, but the give of the mission seemed a bit strange to say the least.

Rather than receiving the mission from the kage himself, or even being assigned the mission from any of his assistants, the mission assignment slot was filled only by some name that the boy did not recognize. While the mission would still have had to be approved by administration of the village, it seemed odd that a random man would not only request the mission but would also be the one stated as having assigned it. While these thoughts floated about in the young boy’s head and made him a bit weary, he did not allow them to preoccupy him too terribly much as he needed to finish this mission quickly and get a move on.

And so the young boy began searching around the village, a place he knew quite well from having grown up within its walls and spending mostly his entire life there as well. He looked about, deciding that, if he was supposed to be tracking down a merchant who had acquired a stolen urn of some sort, he should probably begin in some of the highly trafficked merchant and shopping districts. Surely the man could have fled and attempted to sell the thing in secret, but he would undoubtable fetch a much nicer price on the open market, preying upon the unsuspecting shoppers as they went about their day. To them, the urn would simply look like a lovely piece of art and they would be willing to pay full price for the stolen merchandise.

After a time, he came upon a wide market street which specialized in crafted goods, the merchants and sales people there peddling a dazzling array of handmade bracelets, small household trinkets, lovely paintings made by aspiring young artists in the village, and, of course, pottery. So much pottery abounded that not all of it could be taken in at once and certainly no one would be able to keep track of every piece there. The particular urn in question that the young boy searched for was said to be of a fancy make, possessing a large array of strangely place handles and spouts and having been painted a bright red color with a collection of black figures depicting the creation of the village.

Having spotted the gaudy thing, the boy scaled a nearby building, picking up a large rock as he went. He felt a bit odd about destroying something someone had clearly spent so much time creating, but the mission was the mission and such decisions were beyond his control. He crept up to the edge of an overhanging ceiling, hovering just above the vase. He dropped the rock downward, watching as it fell towards the pot. By the time he heard the crashing of smashed clay, the boy was already moving away from the scene, fleeing over rooftops and returning to the administration building.

Enough remembering. The man would clap his hands within his home, splitting into two and sleeping, regaining his strength. In the morning, at least one of him had much better plans to attend to, though he would bring no money, while the other would remain sleeping at home.
Exit

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Will
Konoha Jounin
Konoha Jounin
Will

PostSubject: Re: Mission Grind [Private]   Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 4:11 am

Rising early, the young man of Yogensha would move slowly through his regular morning routine. He had no particular rush on this day and thus found no particular reason for moving quickly through his rising ritual. He laid in bed for some time, blankets strewn about his body at random, pillows flooding the area near his head. When finally he roused himself from the mattress, he paced slowly through the house, caught in an indifference or inability to decide between showering first and then eating or eating and then showering. After an embarrassingly long time of indecision, he finally settled on staving off the decision by brushing his teeth. Unfortunately, once he had finished with this part of his morning routine, he found that he had done nothing but delayed the inevitable decision. Already finding himself in the room of his bathroom, he simply decided to shower so as to save the few moments that it would take to leave the room only to eventually return.

As with everything about him and the day on this morning of the day, Gen moved slowly in his disrobing, stripping his clothes off without swiftness or flirtatiousness. His body did not shimmy, his hips did not sway, and he did not make the motions slow out of any sort of intention other than sheer tiredness. Of course, there was not a person around to see him and, even if there were, such a person would almost doubtlessly find him or herself in the bathroom of the soon to be showering man. No he was peacefully alone for now and could freely take his time, however much of that time he needed. She pulled off his remaining clothes, tossing them loosely into something that was at least some kind of approximation of a pile, and entered the now steaming stream of water pouring from the showerhead.

He stood in the running water for some time, unmoving and, for the most of the part, unthinking. His mind blanked out entirely at the hot spray peppering his body, everything eventually becoming a kind of white, blank haze in his mind which almost perfectly reflected the whispy white tendrils of vapor that had gone about curling lazily through the small bathroom, pooling here and there around the man’s body and in the corners of the room. The small mirror had entirely fogged over above the sink and Gen hardly even noticed. No, the obliterating whiteness had reduced him to a state of almost non-consciousness, the heat steaming away his every thought effortlessly. The only difference between the whiteness in his mind and the whiteness of the room was that in his mind, the whiteness was a cold one. Not a chilled or unwarm one, but a deep, pervasively cold one. He wished that the mist here in the room could be the same but could not bring himself to alter the temperature of the wonderfully warm flow of water spewing from his shower head.

His thoughts then did eventually return to him, drifting about his head and occasionally entering his mind and consciousness. In and out, in and out, in and out, endlessly in a loop. They were amorphous, for the most part, but occasionally the mist would sprout a particular and definable shape: a tree, growing rapidly from the ground under the care of the man’s chakra; a huge mess of black and glowing tentacles; a clear sky, utterly cloudless, over top of a huge mansion in which now rested a doubtlessly terrified girl, fearing always in the back of her mind if not in the forefront of her thoughts for her life. And Sei. He had not seen him in so long, had not heard his voice in such a long time. In fact, he had never even entertained the idea or the notion that he ever would hear his voice or see his face once more. He had only been, after all, a random medical personal, a civilian persona of the medical corpse sent as an ambassador from Suna long ago. If Gen had not possessed the prison of a memory he did, the inability to forget seemingly anything, he may have not remembered the other boy at all. Well, the other man at all, as the passage of time would have dictated.

But he did.

He remembered him and he remembered guarding him. He remembered following him randomly through the village and catering to some of his more absurd whims, helping him find places to eat and then being forced to try a hundred samples of foods that he had already tried to decide which ramen was better. He rolled his eyes with begrudged fondness at the memories, at being drug to and fro through the village to see sights and taste foods and to sit by lakes and to look at trees and some of the Senju flower beds. Sei had greatly appreciated the delicate plants that some of the civilian and senior members of his own clan tended and kept alive in the expansive and elaborate green houses located both within and without the clan compound and its boarders. And Yogensha had to admit, the houses did house some of the most beautiful and delicate plants that a person could ever want to look at. They had a great deal of practical use as well,  as many of the leaves and flowers and stems possessed great use as herbs, cures and salves and balms being fashioned from them that were said to work all sorts of miracles. The clan sold the herbs at ridiculously low prices as well, a perk of the old money and phenomenal wealth of the family, especially when combined with their near absolute dominance over the village.

And Gen remembered other things too, not just the running around and the goofy food and the pretty flowers. He remembered waiting around in hospital room after hospital room, sometimes outside and sometimes inside, always stoic and silent. He did not know these patients. Sei did not either, of course, but the treatment of them was his job. And he did it with a strange passion, quite unlike the removed dispassion of many of the other medical personal that Gen had seen. Rather than towing his face and keeping his body in line, Sei worked with a kind of exuberance that seemed to make him float weightlessly around the hospital rooms where everyone else seemed instead to drag as though in slow motion. It was, if Gen could call the watching of another go about a profession that he had little idea about how to do himself, somewhat enchanting.

It did cause some problems though. Where other doctors and the occasional medical shinobi could freely lose patients and shrug off the death with and almost practiced calloused ease, Sei frequently could not. It was not, either, that he could not handle death; clearly he could. Yogensha had seen it. But there were times, there were certain people who died or even who simply had grievous wounds, that would get Sei down. Now so down as to drag about in a gravity well like the rest of the staff of Konoha, but down in a way that seemed distinctly not Sei. He would stop smiling, which was strange and jarring, even to someone like Gen who had only recently met the other boy. On days like these, Sei would bring Gen to a smaller, more secluded part of the village, sometimes a reflecting pond or a small garden or a little bench overlooking nothing in particular, and sit for a long while. Eventually, Sei would talk, about trivial things, after the two had gotten to know each other better, but they never spoke about the death. Gen had grown accustomed to it; while he was yet young, he was an already accomplished warrior who had seen death, had perpetrated it. Dealing with the grief was not the young boy’s area of expertise.

Still, all was not gloom and doom, for shortly after such an episode between the two Sei would inevitably say something playful and, oftentimes, plainly rude. He liked to tease Yogensha whenever he could, the former having realized rather quickly that the latter of the two had a sharp wit and a penchant for oftentimes scathing sarcasm. Sei always took this in stride, something that many of Gen’s peers and superiors seemed incapable of doing, and frequently shot back some comment or question that was equally caustic. Or, if he did not feel up to the bouts of fake rudeness, he would simply go on annoying Gen endlessly and about any and everything that he could think of, alternatively asking endless questions about his life, life in the village, life in his clan, and so on. While such nonsense would normally annoy Gen, the knowledge that Sei did this in part out of genuine curiosity and in part specifically to annoy his bodyguard made it somewhat touching and somewhat like a small game between the two, both trying to see who would crack up and laugh first while both remained far too stubborn to do so.

The man, Yogensha, snapped back from his small reverie, realizing that a good chunk of time had passed since he entered the relentless stream of the shower now steaming his body. The water was just beginning to lose some of its heat, causing the swirling mist to thicken even more and begin to blind the man in the shower. He reached on down and grasped the handle of the nozzle of the shower, twisting both it and its twin. The water snapped off almost immediately and the man withdrew himself from the shower, drawing aside the curtain in a billowing sweep of hot, white mist and he strode into the bathroom proper, reaching for a towel to dry himself a bit. He wrapped the thing loosely around his waist and exited the small room, moving now into the kitchen.

He realized, as the memories of Sei and their time spent together so long ago, that he was now quite hungry. In fact, if he were to have been forced to say so by any other, he may in fact just so happened to have to be made to say that he was in fact famished. He scrounged around in the pantry before moving along to scrounge around in the fridge. Certainly he had food in his house, though he could not decide upon exactly what it was that he wanted to eat at this strange and rather late hour. He decided, ultimately, to settle upon a heaping pile of bacon placed upon a sandwich made of toasted bread and a fried egg. The man had never been much for cooking but was not in any particular or notable way opposed to the act. Rather, he simply disliked the dishes that came from after the cooking, the clean up process to be totally and utterly specific. Still, as his stomach rumbled the man fired up his stove and set to work frying up the eggs and bacon for his little sandwich.

His mind remained notably blank as he went about this particular routine of cooking, seasoning the eggs and toasting the bread. Having no butter, he simply went without and allowed the yet runny yolk to serve as a kind of lubricant of the type that the butter would otherwise serve. His meditation was improving and he was able to, more and more, free himself from this simplistic nature of unrefined and unwarranted thought even as he went about his daily routines. Even now, his cooking of breakfast was filled only a kind of thoughtless peace, an almost spiritual knowledge of something solid and unsolid, of something that defied description, that waited in a far off or perhaps very near place. He would need work, power, money, all kinds of things that he currently did not have in order to get there, but he would be able to. He would be freed of this mortal shell and become something else, something perhaps greater, perhaps more, but also it was entirely conceivable for one to imagine that in fact it would not be a matter that could be encompassed by mere quantity or quality but rather that could only be explained as something other. He would become other, something that was not himself and was not like anyone or anything else. He would be free.

The preparations for his meal completed, the young man who by general standards most commonly went by the name of Gen but who in fact was Yogensha, the prophet of his clan and the world at large, would make short work of his eating, taking special care to acknowledge the particularly delicious taste of the tangy yolk as it interacted with the thick and juicy flavors of the bacon that he had piled onto the sandwich. In all honest, the man was bored though. He had learned so much, had been gifted so many techniques, had learned and come to know and understand so much, and yet he had nothing to do. He needed something to happen, needed the world to begin turning, but instead it insisted on remaining utterly still. So he went on as he did, drifting about, showering for too long, eating his eggs in silence, in the quiet of his very own personal home.

The organization had been curiously silent as well. Not strange in their silence specifically, though, as they tended to do that, simply vanishing off of the face of the earth for long reaches of time, offering no explanation or reason for their disappearance. They had always returned, though, with requests. Things to be stolen, information to be gathered, people to be intimidated or interrogated or found or shaken down. Sometimes they even had people that they needed killed. That was always interesting, particularly because their clients seemed to range freely and wildly from children to the vastly elderly, from people in positions of obvious power and wealth to random peasants in the countryside or beggars on the streets. It was strange, to say the least, but not all together totally opaque. While Gen could rarely make out the direct effect that their missions would have, he could safely infer that in completing them, he was supporting the wishes of the organization and, to at least a similar extent, the village, the place where the organization seemed to have based itself and the place in which the organization likely acquired a large pool of its human recourses. Certainly they would undoubtedly have a hugely vested interest in the protection of the village and, even if they did not, they had yet to do anything that could be construed as directly harming the place. Gen, therefore, was relatively safe. Or at least as safe as one could be in the world of ninja, of shinobi who could level villages and who seemed to jointly suffer from a particularly malicious form of absolute insanity.

It did not, therefore, very much at all astound or confuse the man when he found it. The seal. He had found a blank wax seal sitting upon the very one of his counter tops that he had neglected until just this very moment in time and in his day, the day itself being a bit later than the norm of when he would normally have arisen if he had been more on top of things or had already had a mission from his particular employers who favored their rather strange method of contact. There was simply a note, a square sheet of paper placed upon the counter with nothing more than that blank wax seal affixed upon the surface. He turned the sheet over, looking at the crisp cream of the cardstock. The thing was of a hefty thickness, expensive paper no doubt. Things had progressed from his first meeting with the strange man who had acted as the face of the organization for a time. No longer was he to meet in dark and dirty alley ways to get missions geared around rather petty theft. No, they delivered things directly to his house now on thick paper.

Of course, the page was mostly blank. On one side was nothing more than the aforementioned blank seal, a glob of wax which had been pressed down upon by an unblemished and unmarked oval of metal. The wax, today, took the color of the palest of reds, still rich enough to be called a red, but pale, like a chunk of taffy that had once been a bright cherry but which, under pressure of great stretching and having been made overly pliable, had taken in a huge dose of white from the air and its own inner color, resulting in a kind of gummy looking pale red, a poor approximation of pink and yet somehow still a color which seemed to depict absolute wealth, total power. The seal commanded. It commanded with an authority of a thousand shadowed faces and ten thousand unknown hands and Gen, a servant, at least for now, would obey. People needed killing as it were, and Gen happened to be good at that. In fact, he happened to be extremely good at that.

The reverse side of the card was almost as plain and utterly blank as the front, if the seal could rightly be said to have been properly placed upon what would be the front of the card. The back, as it could potentially be called if one were to accept that the wax seal constituted the front, was simply covered in writing. Nothing else. The letters formed a short list of names, people who were, apparently, quiet important. Gen raked his mind for what they could possibly have done but came up, for the moment, empty of thoughts. He looked down to the bottom of the card, past the collection of names, and saw the imprint of a place and time. Finally, after that, was simply the word “Meeting.” His mind clicked then as he realized what was going on.

The group of people whose names had so terribly unfortunately found themselves inscribed upon that card were all having a joint meeting. How unfortunate for them indeed, though Gen could not help but to smile at his own luck. This list would generally take much longer, would require a huge amount of planning and thinking and forethought and staking out. Assassinations were not, as much as people seemed to think, easy business. They required planning and thought, required one to know his or her target with the utmost intimacy. One had to know where his or her target would be at every moment of the day, when he or she would use the restroom and for how long, what time her or she slept, when he or she liked to eat and what he or she liked to eat. Who among their friends would randomly barge in and who among them simply could not be bothered. It was work of terrible stress, though work that Gen happened to enjoy greatly. The meticulousness of the whole thing was like game, like an elaborate game with a preset board and hundred different pieces to be manipulated and accounted for and counted up and taken apart. He loved the detail of the whole enterprise. And, of course, it was terribly rewarding.

And he would be rewarded most handsomely. He had worked with these people long enough to fully and easily realize what this meant. The fact that these people were having a joint mission and could be destroyed with ease meant nothing. It changed nothing. It had no bearing on the numerical value of the man’s payment as he did not receive such money on the basis of the number of missions that he went on for these people but rather what he did. In the case of this particular mission and those like it, this meant one thing and only one thing. The young man known as Gen was paid by the head. So, seven heads would mean seven payments, would equate to seven rewards. Seven fat stacks of cash. He grinned once more to himself, relieved that he needed not worry about such matters. Haggling with a group of people while carrying around a couple trophies of the kill was never something that anyone could ever say he or she actually truly enjoyed. How lucky it was then for Gen that he would not need to deal with such nonsense as he, having worked with these people for so long, knew of their standards, of their codes and how they would pay, and he knew they would pay for each death. Gen planned to deliver all of them, each and every kill, and collect the meaningless reward of money and the much more meaningful reward of connections and political clout.

His mind wandered once more to the card and, specifically, to the names written there. He looked down upon them, dredging up some various memories about people and families and events that one could say were around the village and yes even that one could say were and occurred around the very country itself. He thought long and hard about them though his wonderful mind allowed him to do this with some amazing levels of speed as his mind raced through his memories in order to locate the once that he was looking for in his mind. He at first came upon nothing worth noting that he could consider noteworthy until he did after a few moments more of this kind of intense thought. He looked at two of the names, the last name in particular, and recalled something about them, about the business that their families tended to conduct. If memory served him faithfully and correctly then it would appear that at least two of them were large tycoons in the trading world, establishing lucrative trade routes and each owning a large empire worth of work animals and worker contracts. As such, they were without a doubt and needlessly to say rather important people within the nation, though if Gen were pressed he did not believe that either had been made it to the position of the head of the families, meaning that these two individuals on this list had not officially made it onto the actual list of the people who ruled this sort of trade union.

It was therefore just a little bit and a tad strange that they were ordered to die, though not terribly so because the organization worked in some of the most wonderfully mysterious ways. It was, however, even more strange and even more odd and raised even more of an eyebrow on the supposed face of Gen to know that in fact they were having this meeting. What on earth could they be planning? It was likely something not anything near what could be considered or construed as good. While their actions would likely not cause harm directly to the Village Hidden in the Leaf for that would bring upon them the fully military strength of the Village Hidden in the Leaf it very well could harm the nation and, if his intuitions served him right, would clearly result in some harm to the organization, especially if it was in fact true as it plainly could be said to be that they wanted these people dead. They clearly must pose some kind of threat and therefore Gen had of course been chosen to be sent to go to silence the lot of them.

He shifted his eyes down the list. A large chunk of the people present were entirely mysterious to him, people who he had never even heard of, names that did not in any way shape or form ring even the slightest of the slightest bells. No certainly the majority of the list, though by a narrow margin, were unknown to the man and he would likely never know the, at least not in the conventional sense of the word. He would know things about them like their habits and their favorite dishes and what they do and do not trust but he would not know them in the sense that most people used it. He would not know their general favorite time of day or things about their personal life for such would be utterly unimportant in the eyes of the shinobi. He would not care for them personally but only in their mannerisms and quirks.

There was one other who tripped the attention of the man known most commonly as Gen. One of the names, towards the bottom but not entirely at the bottom, held some familiarity to the man. It would or at least should hold some level of familiarity to anyone who claimed to be a shinobi of any village though particularly those who claimed to be a warrior by the name of shinobi specifically for the Village Hidden in the Leaf. He was rather well known, to say the least. In fact, one could say were one to find oneself in a state of such desire or prerogative to call him infamous. He was as it just so matter of fact happened to be a rather well known trader and seller of arms. General stuff was well within his jurisdiction, kunai and shuriken and the like, but even aside from that he sold other things. It was rumored though not terribly well confirmed that he also sold people, soldiers for higher, slaves, prostitutes, and all other manner of unsavory thing.

But the biggest claim was that he sold large weapons. Many people from around the Village Hidden in the Leaves and the entire and whole nation of the great Land of Fire would know of these claims. Generally they were thought to be wildly ungrounded but no one could definitively say that he or she did not, at least some of the time, believe them. It was widely and most normally said that he sold bombs of a huge type, elaborate destructive objects that had been used in all kinds of acts of terror and rebellions and coups. In fact, many believed that he had had a hand in the destruction of various small nations and villages and that he perhaps had maybe even in fact created the very tailed beasts himself. Gen was certainly not sold on this final matter of the tailed beasts as such a thing seemed quite absurd but he could not say that he did not think the man was capable of wide spread destruction through all kinds of terrible means. And so Gen would feel in no way bad or negative about bringing an end to his reign of destruction and rampant terror, not that he would anyway of course for such was simply not his way and so of course he would simply go about his job and daily life and deliver to his employers exactly what that was that they themselves had already in the past demanded of him.

The list would provide him with little else in the way of useful or relevant information and so he would simply just get rid of it, burning it quickly to cinders and ensuring that the whole of it from the expensive paper to the seal and of course the ink of the names would be utterly consumed and totally and completely destroyed in every possible and conceivable way such that no one would be able to acquire the information that he had previously acquired from the small card the organization had given him. He then disposed of the remaining ashes that he had created and gathered into a small waste paper bin that was residing currently in his kitchen and was now free of anything that could be considered incriminating to either his own person or to the greater functioning of the organization and therefore he felt at least a bit on the safe side as far as what he was about to be doing with his life in the current moment known as the here and know or otherwise the only area in which a person could ever hope to reside, unless he had somehow become totally unbound by the silly restraints of his silly mortal shell known most often as what many people would claim was his body.

And so he was completed for now in his current actions and adventures. He no longer had any need of what was currently occurring within his house and he had finished off his breakfast. He had only now to go and get dressed before he was prepared to leave. He could of course wait awhile before departing off to go crash this certain mission of his where he would interrupt the meeting but to do so seemed quiet silly and absurd. There was no reason for him to simply wait and instead he would leave at the most post haste and hurry onward to his mission that he could see it through. He would complete this mission in full stealth at the location in which the group was to conduct their meeting and then he would be done with the sordid business and could relax once again. His village had been a bit annoying as of late since he had chosen to take a bit of a break from much of the nonsense of the ninja life that was silly and usually pointless in their every way missions. The village council had been rather displeased and had said that he would never become a jonin unless he shaped up and began to conduct some more of his mission that he was supposed to be doing so that he would be able to generate revenue for the village. The man who most commonly at the general times known only by the nick name of Gen had simply rolled his eyes at this but was powerless to simply refuse their edicts and so had to go off and complete more missions. Luckily this assignment has shown up when it did just in the nick of time which would allow him to complete his mission quota and bring in a great deal of money for the village which would get the council off of his back and allow him some more free time in which to simply attend to his own affairs and learn many new things.

And so he left, though not instantaneously. He of course collected all of his things that he would need, donning his prized earring and dressing himself in some practical travel clothes, long pants and a light jacket and the like, some comfortable shoes. Simple things that would make him look wonderfully civilian and yet which would allow him maximum comfort and mobility so long as he required it. And of course he brought along with him the whole of his throwing knives, though he highly doubted that he would need the instruments as he had yet to use them in his career as anything other than practice objects which would allow him to keep his sharp and keen ability to hit targets from far distances, even if they were moving. However, he never really needed to prove himself in this way as he almost never required the use of these bladed weapons. Still, it was fantastic to have them with him should he ever need to use it.

And just like that he was off, off out into the world to complete his mission and make his money, to put down the people that his employers demanded him to. He strolled quickly and efficiently through the village but did not run. He simply walked quickly through the village, passing people that he knew and that he did not, though few people even gave him the time of day. As was usual, the few members of his clan, generally speaking the elders but also a few of the older ones as well, gave him absurd birth upon the street as he passed, though not out of fear or anything like that but out of sheer respect. There was one woman whose house he simply could no longer go near for fear that she would, as she almost always did whenever he crossed her path, bow down on the ground in prostration, refusing not only to meet him in the eyes but refusing even to face him for fear that he may in some way pass some kind of holy judgement while simultaneously hoping that her prostration and good behavior in the face of this man would get her something good.

That was of course the inherent problem with being raised and raised up as the prophet of a clan. It was odd, to say the least, but what really made it go over the top were the looks people gave him. It was not simply good enough for them to believe that he was the savior of the clan or that he would revive the clan or that he would some how lead them to even greater greatness. No, people had to believe much more, they had to have the idea in their absurd heads that he was in some way a living god or, if not that, that he was at least the incarnation of a god, or the avatar of a god, or the most holy mouthpiece of a god. People were simply and shortly insane and seemed to want to believe anything in the realm of superstition or divinity. It probably would not have mattered the elders of the great Senju clan decided to call him a ghost instead of a god. People would have eaten it just as easily so long as it meant they had something or someone that they thought they could believe in.

His walking had taken him away, out to the gate of the village through which he passed most effortlessly. The guards there knew him by now and knew that he oftentimes left the safety of the village on important errands and missions and thus hardly asked him any questions whenever they did in fact decide to actually ask him questions. Generally they simply allowed him to come and go as he pleased, never even checking his credentials or the like since he at least knew them all a bit. So they were content in knowing who he was and how important he was to the village and let him do more or less whatever he wanted. After all, he never actually harmed the village even though he likely could if he really wanted to. He shrugged on his way out. He had no real ill will towards the Village Hidden in the Leaf and so harming it would not only be random and crazy but would also be totally pointless and a waste of time. He had other, more important things to attend to.

And with that he was once more out of the village, passing effortlessly through the front gate and into the big bad world beyond the Village Hidden in the Leaf. He moved onward then, closing in swiftly upon his destination which was unfortunately a good trek away from the Hidden Leaf Village but not so far away that he could not make the journey in just a piece of the day. He would arrive long before night fall and would then be able to set up some spying upon the people who would be gathering there to go to this meeting that the undoubtable thought was secrete. For them, this belief in something so untrue would cost them most dearly. Gen shrugged once more as he continued forward. It was less that he thought they deserved to die, for he had no idea if this was the case. Rather, he simply did not care. He was paid to end the lives of these men and would do it, regardless of personal qualms he had with the thing. Such was his job and he just so happened to be good at it. He would do it calmly and without passion, neither bearing disgust for his actions nor

The scenery passed calmly and serenely around him as he walked, though he took in very little of it in the traditional sense. He knew where he was going and what the paths looked like as he had already in the past traveled these areas many a time, so an actual acute attention was generally unnecessary. He still took reasonable precautions of course, extending his senses over a truly vast and amazingly impressive area and range such that he could taste the chakra of any who dared to attempt to cross his path. However he found no one and instead lazily took in the passing trees and forests, the meadows and plains and flowers that sprung up all over the Land of Fire. However, all of this was little more than a gauzy filmy in the back of his mind. What really grabbed his attention was the thing.

The beast of the eternal depths had arrived once again and with its coming came the destruction of all sense and logic. It was and as a direct consequence of nothing other than its simple being all else lost the very essence of it. By some miracle of grace Gen, Yogensha, the Prophet, seemed able to withstand the obliterating effects of the presence of the beast. Perhaps this was why he had gained its seeming favor, perhaps this would explain why clearly no one else had ever seen the thing. He alone had received this call from beyond because he alone was capable of rising to the great and powerful call of the beast. He would rise too, would achieve the state of self definition without external reference to anything else. He would be free, truly and entirely free of all and everything. Free even of himself if he so desired.

And so the paired moved in silence and conversation, Gen walking quickly and in an almost something close to a semi unconscious state while the thing existed in the way it did, partially in reality and mostly outside of it, not quite floating next to Gen but not exactly not doing that. There, of course, were not actually words for it and Gen personally in his own opinion found no particular reason or compulsion to attempt to attach words to it. The beast did not need words. It defied them, rose above the, existed just perfectly without them and Gen would not find himself compulsively attempting to pin the thing down with mundane descriptions and words.

It was a while before the young man of Gen found himself approaching the small area where the meeting would be held. It was a rather well known vacation area, not properly within a village but functioning almost as a fake or pseudo village for the rich who wanted to party and have a good time beyond the prying eyes of the peasants or anyone who otherwise would want to spy on them or gain information about the going on of any activates that happened there. A normal person would never be allowed admittance without a truly vast and huge and amazingly large sum of cash and usually some kind of family name and even then they would need to have some kind of reservation. The small area did not take very kindly to people simply showing up unannounced though they had in the past been known to make a few exceptions for people of great political sway and those who had an almost completely unlimited amount of money to throw at them. Most often, the exceptions that had been made and had been ruined to be made by the club involved people of said political power and who found themselves in possession of fast sums of money. It was quite rare indeed to hear of people being allowed in randomly who did not fit both criteria.

Gen approached the place anyway, activating a downright absurd technique that would simply allow him to cover his body in a wondrous layer of water held together by the young man most often and commonly known as Gen’s very own chakra source. In doing so he would simply vanish from sight but not only sight was the place he would vanish from but he would also vanish entirely from the ability of anyone to sense him without the use of a contact based sensing technique. Normally this may be cause for alarm but contact sensory abilities were amazingly rare even amongst some of the greatest sensory based shinobi and thus it was rare to find one. However even more importantly was that he was sneaking in to a place which had body guards and the like but which were not generally trained in shinobi arts or in ninjutsu or sensory abilities or any sort. Thus, he, the boy of Gen, would have found it quite odd indeed to even encounter a person capable of sensing him if he had simply walked right up to the gate and, because of this, it was even more absurd that a person would have had a sensory technique of the contact variety that would be able to pinpoint him as he hung out around the small compound of the vacation area that was essentially for rich people.

He entered the compound now in his totally invisible state, essentially having become less than a person. A non person to be totally specific and it was likely for this reason and by this account that he had been selected for so many of these positions and missions. The organization that he had worked for for such a time had not every explicitly stated what they knew of the boy’s powers but certainly they knew of this ability if nothing else. It was without even the slightest of doubts why he was so frequently selected for these missions and why he was so good at them. He had, in effect, built up a lack of a name through his prolific use of this technique; by completing so many stealth and spy and assassination missions without ever even being seen he had a name among very select and secretive groups but had essentially no face. Almost no one even knew of most of the things he had done in his invisible state and those select few who did paid him very, very well to keep doing it. He was a shadow, a specter, little more than an apparition of mist that delivered results for high prices and without fail. He had the utmost in discretion and a shadow reputation built on such. He was the perfect assassin and the prefect spy.

Thus, it became almost trivially easy to infiltrate the compound. All he needed to do when he was there was avoid making any absurdly loud noises or leave any kind of incriminating footprints anywhere, an easy thing to do for a multitude of reasons. For one, he was well versed in avoiding such nonsense as he was in fact a shinobi of some import as was easily capable of avoiding leaving behind evidence of his having made passage somewhere. This was not his first mission nor was it his first endeavor in the arts of stealth and for him to be careless would not only be foolish but would be completely careless and would make almost no sense considering how and who he was. Another reason that it would be easy to remain hidden had to do with the great care that people took for the ground here. The place was very clean and free of any dust or dirt that Gen could leave any footprints in and even were he to leave some kind of inconceivably careless trace in mud or something it would be quickly cleaned up by the various people working tirelessly to keep the place quite and very clean the whole time of the day and the night.

And so he moved quietly through the compound, wrapped effortlessly in a shroud of invisibility as he did so in his motions through the small collections of buildings. Night was beginning to fall as the sun set behind a wide expanse of trees and such on the far horizon. The off seasons had begun and so the place was slow though not entirely abandoned. As he crept about he allowed himself to be on the constant look out to see if he had anyone that he was looking for in the very midst of his. As it turned out a few of the people he was looking for were already here, three of them sitting around casually and drinking and talking over what appeared to be some kind of appetizers. Having already found at least a couple of them he figured that it would make sense for him to decide to stay and listen in on them at least a little bit. He wanted to scout out the area that they would be having the meeting in of course as well in good time but for now since he had found them he would simply allow himself to hear what they were talking about and to learn about their mannerisms and habits and the like as he did so. He would have time to look into the specific place of their meeting at a later time.

His listening did not give him a great deal to go off of however. The people seemed boring and almost banal. Two of the three quiet loudly and the third was more quiet, but it seemed that they refused to speak of anything interesting. One of them was however the very arms dealer and person who Gen thought to be the single most dangerous among the group and he was one of the loud once who never seemed to shut up and talked endlessly about nothing in particular, loudly bragging on and on and on about himself endlessly and yelling about this that and another thing. He was also the one who seemed to spend the most amount of time trying to attract the attention of the few girls who were serving as wait staff in the eating portion of this kind of rich person hotel and who was constantly yelling at them. Even when he did manage to miraculously acquire their attention it seemed as though it did nothing because he simply would scream semi incoherent nonsense at them about how pretty they were and they would do nothing but smile softly and nod their heads and then simply walk away. This seemed not to in any way deter him though as every time he found one, even if he had already hit on her a hundred times, he never stopped and just kept right back on trying to woo one of them over. Gen hoped that he would fail before remembering that it didn’t matter because he would soon be dead.

Gen eventually took to laying down upon the grass just a few feet away from the table of the group. He had actually become so bored that he hardly cared to listen anymore even though he knew in his mind and rational thought that he had to. One could never know when a person would say something insightful or useful, especially when one was in the business of killing the person that he or she was currently listening to. Still, even the blades of finely cared for grass managed to grab Gen’s attention farm more easily than the frankly stupid conversation happening between these three idiots. Well actually it was four idiots now as another had arrived, one who had a name that Gen had originally recognized as a richer family that just so happened to be in the business of trades and such. He was perhaps if it could even be said to be possible more vapid and awful than the first three. Where at least the first three were somewhat chatting and a little bit of the talkative well this newcomer was essentially the already dried paint of the group. He never wanted to talk and did not order any food or order anything at all to drink whatsoever and did not like it when the other people talked about anything that he thought other people including the girls currently serving as wait staff could overhear. He was awful and boring and blatantly in the way of the boy who most commonly went by Gen though of course he could not simply kill him yet. He would have to wait.

Eventually the young man known as Gen would simply have to give up entirely on listening to the endless stream of stupid and absurd drivel that was currently in the process of being issued form the mouths of these fools in a never ending deluge of pure and unchanged stupid. He got up off the ground quickly and silently, waving a small goodbye to one of the tiny flower he had found growing stubbornly among the grass and small shrubs and walked over to the main tower. There was where the meeting would be held by the people that he was currently in the process of stalking in classic bad guy fashion it was of course going to be held in the absolute top part of the tower. From what he had heard the girls who were currently in the process of serving as wait staff they seemed to have said that once the men exited the green and went upstairs to have their secret meeting everyone would have to be evacuated so that no one could hope to hear what they were discussing. This brought a bit of light to the mind of the boy most commonly referred to as Gen for this meant that collateral damage would be reduced to an absolute minimum and that he would not need to worry himself or busy himself with the nonsense that was moving the unarmed people out of the building. The job would already have been done for him and he could therefore end the lives of the driveling fools who were still currently outside as of right now without a second thought.

He got up to the top of the tower by simply scaling the wall with the help and aid of some chakra applied to his feet and effortlessly walked casually up the wall so that he could reach one of the upper windows. The place looked like it was in the middle of being cleaned and some of the windows had been left open to allow the place to air out which allowed the young man in the form of Gen an easy access into the tower. He looked around at the room that comprised the whole of the top floor only to realize that it was essentially just a large conference room that the people would be meeting at. On one side of the room was a long and narrow table packed full of food and refreshment presumably so that the people in attendance of the meeting could snack and drink causally while they waited. Seeing as how no one was currently around at the present moment Gen simply helped himself to a few of the delicacies as he waited.

The wait was a long and mind numbing one as Gen simply sat around hoping that the meeting would start soon. In all reality he only had to wait something like a bit over a half an hour and yet it still felt like it had taken forever since there was nothing to do. The people from outside did eventually decide to get their meeting on the road and came in from outside, trickling in slowly from the outer world. As a few of them came in first Gen could quite clearly see as plain as day that they were drunk. No all of them were drunk of course but a few were. The loud one who dealt in arms and weapons and bombs and the like was definitely very drunk which would probably make the whole thing easier anyway. Gen of course did not think that the man was actually trained in combat since it seemed so often that the people who sold the weapons did not know how to use the weapons but still it made little difference as Gen would simply demolish the lot of them in one fell swoop. They would likely never even see what exactly it as that was coming at them as he ended their lives and the fact that they would be impaired by drink and such would simply serve to help the cause that Gen had currently and at this very present of moments put himself to.

The time, however, had finally come. The room finally filled up entirely with the room full of the people present in it that needed to be present and so Gen could soon begin his work. Still invisible and unable to be detected by anyone in the room or in the whole of the complex he would simply continue to lean back and watch as the last of the eight people filtered into the room and took their seats. They bantered a great deal and for a great while saying many many many words and yet making almost no points that meant anything at all whatsoever. They were just filling the air with empty talk. Gen felt compelled to wait around for them to actually start he meeting proper before executing them though not out of respect or anything of that nature but because he would of course logically prefer them to be fully engrossed in their activates so that they would not even notice when he began to do anything.

After a while of their seemingly endless and never ending and totally pointless banter they finally settled down and the terribly drab and boring one from earlier who refused to have a drink of any sort began the meeting in full, calling attention to what they were going to do about the trade tariffs and this that and another thing. Gen really could not be bothered to care less in any meaningful way and yet he allowed them to speak for about ten minutes on these subjects as he eventually came to passively acknowledge that these people were planning some kind of almost elaborate and very terribly hostile take over of the two trading factions run by the two families from with the two names that he had recognized had been born into. Gen could not help rolling his eyes for a few reasons, not the least of which was his total inability to either fully comprehend or even remotely care about why they needed at least four of the people currently in attendance since they seemed not to provide anything of use to the group. He shrugged to himself as he decided that it did not matter since it was quite literally their funeral and they were allowed to orchestrate it or conduct themselves in any manner that they saw fit.

And then the time truly came for him to strike. The majority of the group had finally calmed totally down and they had all started to lean in in the most conspiratorial of ways as they all spoke more and more softly to each other and even the loud and drunk ones had seemed to decide that a certain modicum of discretion seemed to be at least in a small way in order. This greatly amused Gen as they did so and his hand would easily come together in rapid motion and near utter silence as he crafted his singular technique. The very vapor of water in the air would be bent to his will as he created a little masterpiece with which to end the lives of these rather foolish and annoying people. For the initial moments of the creation of the thing the people in the room other than Gen did not even take note of what was going on. It was not until one of the people on one side of the roughly round table pointed over the shoulder of another and asked what was going.

All attention focused to the area to which the man pointed where a strange thing was happening. The attention had been shifted to one side of the room and as it happened Gen simply moved to the other, selecting a window at random to open as he was about to make his escape. It was a simple feat really and at this point he did not even feel the need to quiet the click of the window latch that he was opening. The more sensory stimulation and confusion at this crucial moment the better in his eyes and he was proven right as a couple of pairs of eyes shifted attention for a few seconds form the gathering vapor to the no opened window. Gen was of course still invisible and so they would be terribly perplexed at what was going on which would cause him almost to reveal himself as he just about snickered but he ended up refraining.

The momentary lapse gave the clone enough time to form completely, a chibi version that was almost an accurate approximation of him had he been about ten years younger and a hundred pounds chubbier. They looked at it perplexed for a singular heartbeat before the thing charged forward, its right arm changing into an elongated spear and piercing the flesh of the nearest man while maintaining a manic, cartoonish grin on its face. While this happened Gen would remove himself from the building, attaching himself to the side as the clone would swell, heating up. The man next to the now impaled one struck out at the now billowing clone and just like that, the room vanished in a scalding haze of white which would almost instantly roast the members of the meeting alive leaving no one alive and blowing out the windows of the place.

Gen unstuck himself from the side of the building and fell to the ground whereupon he would not collide with the earth but instead simply sink into it without a sound, regaining his normal level of visibility and speeding away. The upper room of the place, now destroyed and filled with eight flash roasted bodies, also fluttered with a seemingly innumerable amount of thick, cream colored cards of stock paper imprinted with nothing at all and bearing only a blank wax seal the color of white that had been tainted with the faintest of faint hints of red. A lovely, terribly pastel pink fluttering around on cream paper. News of this would easily spread and the organization would be very please and Gen would be rather wealthy.

Exit

© sei

8x:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mission Grind [Private]   Mission Grind [Private] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mission Grind [Private]
Page 1 of 1